µTorrent Server 3.0 alpha build 27079 (for Linux) - x86

Firon

For FreeBSD:

Adding torrents:

From file: OK.

From URL:

Torrent File: NOT WORKING

Magnet File: OK

It can download only, when torrent has single file.

If torrent has multiple files, it ends with error: Error opening "/mnt/utserver/incoming/xxxx.xxx":

I can't set in Preferences->Drectories:

Append the torrent's label

Move .torrent for finished jobs to:

Graph is OK on Chrome (not on IE9).

As daemon (rc.d) must be started with SU (as common user):

${SU} -m ${TORRENT_USER} -c "${UTSERVER} -configfile ${CONFIGFILE} -logfile ${LOGFILE} -settingspath ${SETTINGSPATH} -daemon 1>/var/tmp/utorrent-start.txt 2>&1" &

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mcdonald

NO. Looks like it is my fault.

My justification: there no any ending slashes in uTorrent config

The program should handle accepting a directory path whether or not it ends with a slash. However, since there is this work around, it is not as high a priority a bug.

@mcdonald

Tested.

No, this is not my fault...

This does not work at all with paths like this:

dir_active:/mnt/utserver/incoming/dir_completed:/mnt/O/dir_torrent_files:/mnt/utserver/torrentfiles/dir_completed_torrents: /mnt/utserver/torrentfiles-done/dir_temp_files:/mnt/utserver/incomplete/dir_autoload:/mnt/utserver/autoload/dir_request:/mnt/utserver/request/

This is my small donation for project ;):

//#include <tchar.h>void AddSlashIfNeeded(wchar_t * s){    int i=_tcslen(s);    if(0==i)    {        _tcscpy(s,_T("/"));    }    else    {        if('/' != s[i-1])_tcscat(s,_T("/"));    }
}

µTorrent Server 3.0 alpha build 24118 logfile has wrong timestamp:

torrent@dahlia:~$ uname -aLinux dahlia 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Wed Jan 12 03:40:32 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linuxtorrent@dahlia:~/utorrent-server-v3_0$ dateSun Jan 30 05:15:32 MSK 2011torrent@dahlia:~/utorrent-server-v3_0$ ./utserver -logfile ./utserver.log -daemonserver started - using locale en_US.UTF-8torrent@dahlia:~/utorrent-server-v3_0$ tail -f utserver.log [07:55:38]  IPv6 is installed

Ok so I'm running build 24118 on ubuntu 10.04

I've been having issues with utserver crashing.

I'm running 4 instances with the multi-user webui and a version of the following init script.

http://germany.intisive.com/ut-lango.init.txt

and here is links to a few log files from time of crash with just the first few and and last few log entries intact.

http://germany.intisive.com/ut-lango.txt

http://germany.intisive.com/ut-chaz.txt

http://germany.intisive.com/ut-chaz-1.txt

if anybody has any idea of whats going on or a way to solve this problem please let me know.

Also if someone can give me a link to previous versions of utserver so I can see if the problem keeps occuring with older versions as well. I haven't been able to find where older versions can be downloaded.

Edit: Also I'm having an issue where non root user can't use the init script to start and restart utserver without getting the following error "start-stop-daemon: Unable to set gid to 1004 (Operation not permitted)" which means that they cannot recover from the crash on there own. any idea of how to solve this issue without giving them sudo privlages would be very helpful as well.

Ok so I'm running build 24118 on ubuntu 10.04

I've been having issues with utserver crashing.

I'm running 4 instances with the multi-user webui and a version of the following init script.

http://germany.intisive.com/ut-lango.init.txt

and here is links to a few log files from time of crash with just the first few and and last few log entries intact.

http://germany.intisive.com/ut-lango.txt

http://germany.intisive.com/ut-chaz.txt

http://germany.intisive.com/ut-chaz-1.txt

if anybody has any idea of whats going on or a way to solve this problem please let me know.

Also if someone can give me a link to previous versions of utserver so I can see if the problem keeps occuring with older versions as well. I haven't been able to find where older versions can be downloaded.

Edit: Also I'm having an issue where non root user can't use the init script to start and restart utserver without getting the following error "start-stop-daemon: Unable to set gid to 1004 (Operation not permitted)" which means that they cannot recover from the crash on there own. any idea of how to solve this issue without giving them sudo privlages would be very helpful as well.

Other versions

Some discussion by script

Ok so I've tried th 4 available versions. I found that only version 21886 works properly for me. versions 22708 and 22789 error on torrents and won't download. And then version 24118 crashes regulaly when downloading. So I hope the next version doesn't exibit this issue but for now I'll just have to stick with the old version.

Ok so I've tried th 4 available versions. I found that only version 21886 works properly for me. versions 22708 and 22789 error on torrents and won't download. And then version 24118 crashes regulaly when downloading. So I hope the next version doesn't exibit this issue but for now I'll just have to stick with the old version.

In the past I also have found 21866 to be the most stable. Also the move after complete works properly, and doesn't mess up RSS feeds which download directly to the finally destination. That being said, I have switched to the current 24118 version successfully, and have had no problems. I had to change all my RSS filters to download to same temporary location as manually added torrents, and then let the move after complete & labels move them to the proper end location. It hasn't crashed for me yet. However I am not running multiple instances. Hopefully that gets ironed out so the newer version can work for you! I definitely find the newer versions faster!

:cool:

In the past I also have found 21866 to be the most stable. Also the move after complete works properly, and doesn't mess up RSS feeds which download directly to the finally destination. That being said, I have switched to the current 24118 version successfully, and have had no problems. I had to change all my RSS filters to download to same temporary location as manually added torrents, and then let the move after complete & labels move them to the proper end location. It hasn't crashed for me yet. However I am not running multiple instances. Hopefully that gets ironed out so the newer version can work for you! I definitely find the newer versions faster!

:cool:

Well unfortunatly my troubles are not gone. one of my users has put a heavier load on the system then before and it's causing frequent crashes again. It also seems that I'm getting corrupt database errors from the multi-user webui which I wasn't getting before. it seems that the older version is more stable but causing more issues when something does go wrong. I'm wondering if this issue is related to the multi user webui. I'll be disabling it and using direct logins for awhile and see if that allows the newer version to run multiple instances with out issues.

using Debian and utserver 24118,

utserver will start crashing or stop responding when I tried to resume download torrent with multiple file in it...

any tips on how to resolve this or way to detect the problem?

my server info

Debian Linux 5.0

Linux 2.6.26-2-686 on i686

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz, 2 cores

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What are the changelog ?

-- 2011-02-17: Version 3.0 alpha (build 24733)

- Fix: Incorporated bug fixes from generic code

- Change: The usage argument now also reports product version information

- Feature: Added Changes.txt to the archive distributed for this product, so that users would have a list of changes made to parts of code shared with other products

- Fix: Stopped requiring that /etc/fstab not be empty, so that program will run on certain VMs

Archived