µTorrent Server 3.0 alpha build 27079 (for Linux) - x86

Firon

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the diskio.sparse_files option:

I understood from an old wine bug report that in windows sparse files are opt-in. Creating a file and also writing the last byte pre-allocates the file fully and truly (enough blocks are reserved).

However in ext3 and similar filesystems using sparse files is default and the only way to claim all required blocks seems to be by fully writing out the whole file with zeros.

I've got µTorrent Server up and working fine on my Debian 5.0 box, but it dies every six hours or so. While it's running as a daemon under its own steam at the moment, I had it running in a screen session to see if I could see what was happening and every time it died it complained of a segfault.

i have the same issue, just that the duration the server will run for varies greatly.

one sample segfault is this (coming from an ubuntu 9.10 server):

segfault at 630 ip b775a14c sp b65abf24 error 4 in libc-2.9.so[b76e1000+15c000]

i haven't tried running it non-daemonized, will do that now to see if that stops it from bogging down.

I've got µTorrent Server up and working fine on my Debian 5.0 box' date=' but it dies every six hours or so. While it's running as a daemon under its own steam at the moment, I had it running in a screen session to see if I could see what was happening and every time it died it complained of a segfault.[/quote']

i have the same issue, just that the duration the server will run for varies greatly.

one sample segfault is this (coming from an ubuntu 9.10 server):

segfault at 630 ip b775a14c sp b65abf24 error 4 in libc-2.9.so[b76e1000+15c000]

i haven't tried running it non-daemonized, will do that now to see if that stops it from bogging down.

The same error...

Jan 5 09:40:48 server kernel: [326113.076097] utserver[7528]: segfault at 120 ip b75fb2dc sp b6408f04 error 4 in libc-2.11.2.so[b7587000+140000]

I've got µTorrent Server up and working fine on my Debian 5.0 box' date=' but it dies every six hours or so.

every time it died it complained of a segfault.

Any possible solutions or logs I can hand over to ease debugging?[/quote']

The same problem. When I run it as "./utorrent" in screen session - all works fine. Previous versions works fine too.

I've been running utserver on a Debian Lenny VM since yesterday and no crashes (no torrents either, but one user reported they saw a crash when no torrents were active).

How about if everyone seeing this problem does the following:

1. set the logmask setting in the configuration files to 0xFFFFFFFF

2. set the -logfile option to generate a log file (specify a location large enough to handle a large log file)

3. run utserver (as daemon or not)

4. wait for a crash

5. look at (near the end of) the log file for anything interesting and post it if so

Maybe we will see some common internal activities occurring immediately before the crash.

I will work on a new release so that utserver incorporates any recent fixes in the main code line.

hey there, thanks for taking an interest in this issue.

i currently don't have any torrents added. utserver ran for around half an hour before it crashed and with the logmask and logfile parameter set, these are the last lines that i get:

http://pastie.org/pastes/1432748/text?key=jerkvml9jrd3jamtdvneea

the apparently cyclic status evaluaton goes on for most of the log only to be interrupted by the occasional disconnection from some peers because the torrent hash they're asking for is none i have added.

utserver ran as -daemon there. i somehow doubt this helped. i can however note that reverting to the second latest version (23090) seems to fix the issue.

2. set the -logfile option to generate a log file (specify a location large enough to handle a large log file)

4. wait for a crash

5. look at (near the end of) the log file for anything interesting and post it if so

Maybe we will see some common internal activities occurring immediately before the crash.

I will work on a new release so that utserver incorporates any recent fixes in the main code line.

tail of logfile: http://pastebin.ca/2039584

I don`t think, that there is something interesting....

The same problem. When I run it as "./utorrent" in screen session - all works fine. Previous versions works fine too.

Hey Mate, Thanks for the tip. I'm using debian 5 and found a link to the old build 23090. It's now been up for 12 hrs :)

**Edit: Running fine as a Daemon too**

Hi Guys

I want to install µTorrent Server 3.0 alpha on a Debian OS, but I'm not sure if it should be on a desktop gui, a webserver or just a standard server.

Also I cant seem to find any content, regarding the install. should I just extract the file and then run './utserver' to start it, then access via webui.

or is there a certain folder I should install/run it from etc..

I tried reading the pdf, but it didn't help me much.

If anyone could please tell me of a guide I could follow to set it all up, or could even help me get started that would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks psyXpanther

I followed your steps and it works great, only now I need to figure how to run it on a server without a gui...

cheers

I had luck running this version on Ubuntu 10.10 Beta x64, with no CPU load issues.

This is how i did it:

1. Extracted the .tar.gz file from http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/linux

2. Updated ia32-libs in Synaptics Package Manager.

3. Dubble-clicked the extracted ut-server file

4. Opened my web-browser and typed in http://192.168.0.2:8080/gui/

5. When asked for username/password, typed in admin/(blank)

µTorrent is running natively in Ubuntu 10.10 Beta x64.

Enjoy.

Screenshot.png

На десктопе Ubuntu 10.10 Ядро 2.6.35-24-generic (x86_64) µTorrent Server 3.0 alpha build 23418 работает замечательно. А как на сервере запустить?

так в командной строке не сделать

На десктопе Ubuntu 10.10 Ядро 2.6.35-24-generic (x86_64) µTorrent Server 3.0 alpha build 23418 работает замечательно. А как на сервере запустить?
так в командной строке не сделать

cd {path_to_utorrent_dir}

./utserver

PS Учи основы linux

uTorrent created directories with 777 mask, but files with 644... Maybe it should create directories with 755 mask?

utserver creates torrent data files (I think torrent files also) using the umask in effect when utserver is started. utserver creates files not intended to be exposed to non-administrative users (e.g., settings files) with access independent of the umask in effect when utserver is started. I made a note to add this to the documentation.

All directories created by utserver are created with access 777 as you have noticed. If that's important to you, post one or more use cases for being able to vary access to directories created by utserver.

uTorrent created directories with 777 mask' date=' but files with 644... Maybe it should create directories with 755 mask?[/quote']

....skipped....

All directories created by utserver are created with access 777 as you have noticed. If that's important to you, post one or more use cases for being able to vary access to directories created by utserver.

for example: i have user torrents(which run utorrent) with home directory with rights 755, so every user can access completed torrents(read only), but if directory with completed torrents has 777 permissions, every user can delete completed torrents )=

Installation on FreeBsd7.1/32

Success: it working, web interface working. It gets torrent from autoload directory and opens it.

But, this is all. I have "Error ??", without any explanation.

Can I ask about more verbosity in logs? Please...

BTW: .in utserver.conf, strings must be WITHOUT quotes

ut_webui_dir: "/usr/local/utserver: <------ BAD

ut_webui_dir: /usr/local/utserver <------ GOOD

Installation on FreeBsd7.1/32

Can I ask about more verbosity in logs? Please...

How about if everyone seeing this problem does the following:

4. wait for a crash

Archived