µTorrent Server 3.0 alpha build 27079 (for Linux) - x86

Firon

Have a problem with this release (didn't try any previous) - if file in torrent contains cyrillic letters, the file name (on disk! not in webUI) looks like ??????????????.mkv and so on.

I think I've discovered what caused that. The latest release actually works worse for those customers using cyrillic character sets, because the improvements in the code fixed one part of the issue but not another. I expect to have a release that resolves this early next week.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a problem with this release (didn't try any previous) - if file in torrent contains cyrillic letters' date=' the file name ([b']on disk! not in webUI) looks like ??????????????.mkv and so on.

I think I've discovered what caused that. The latest release actually works worse for those customers using cyrillic character sets, because the improvements in the code fixed one part of the issue but not another. I expect to have a release that resolves this early next week.

Ok, let's just wait ))

Using the latest alpha (22789) on CentOS 5.5 (32 bit 2.6.18), and it's been rock solid stable so far. CPU usage is a concern though, as has been mentioned in previous posts. Running 5 torrents of around 5 GB each, with ~20 peers per torrent at around 10 MB/s up/down total was sufficient to push my dedicated server to 80% CPU usage. Usage went down obviously once they started seeding, but during their download, it was very high. Currently at ~25% CPU usage downloading a single 1.54 GB torrent with 1 seed and 1 peer, which seems excessive.

Any suggestions on reducing CPU usage or is this a known issue? Settings are at default, other than directories and seed ratio settings. I note that net.low_cpu has been recommended, but when I enabled that, throughput on torrents took a nosedive.

Hello!

I am new to Utorrent Linux Webui, altough I am a system administrator for a long time.

Anyway... I think I found a bug.

I want to use the WebUI with SSH's port forwarding feature. (All other command line clients works perfectly via this method.)

First you start forwarding a specific port via SSH, and second, in the WebUI you set up the socks5 proxy as '127.0.0.1' and the forwarded port.

Now the problem is that the WebUI hangs with this setup. It has got perfect proxy support by the way (I tested with a normal remote socks5 proxy and worked like a charm), but for some reason, when I try to use the internal forwarded port as proxy, the WebUI hangs. It offers me to reload the new port settings, but when I try to do that, nothing happens, it just keeps waiting and waiting forever. It behaves the same if I manually add this proxy data into the configfile. The executable will start then, but the WebUI will be unavailable. No error messages, no errors in the log, nothing.

As I said before, this method works with other programs. (Like Bittornado, for example.) Proxy support also works with the Webui. Only this combination fails. I tried a lot of options... and eventually I gave up, and I think it's somekind of a bug in the Webui,

Anyone here who made success with SSH port forwarding and the WebUi?

Thanks!

Tom

EDIT: In the previous version (21701) this feature WORKED.

However, it suffers from a lot of interrupts, namely:

"assert failed peerconn.cpp:709 (21701)" and then it quits.

Ok, now it's obvious: the linux Webui cannot work with SSH port forwardings.

The 23090 version just crashes... the older version starts with it, but corrupts the handshake procedure.

(I spent the whole day making this combination work... with no luck. At the end of the day, I had an idea. I tried the whole thing with another client (command-line Bittornado). Same SSH settings, same enviroment, and it worked flawlessly right out of the box.

So, can you please fix this issue in the next release? It's a very important feature IMHO. (At least for be, living behind a proxy.)

Thank you, and keep up the good work! :)

-- Tom

Ok, now it's obvious: the linux Webui cannot work with SSH port forwardings.

The 23090 version just crashes... the older version starts with it, but corrupts the handshake procedure.

So, can you please fix this issue in the next release? It's a very important feature IMHO. (At least for be, living behind a proxy.)

Thanks for the report. I've asked a developer who recently worked on the Socks5 proxy to look at this.

Thank you for the unicode support! :D

Have a problem with this release (didn't try any previous) - if file in torrent contains cyrillic letters, the file name (on disk! not in webUI) looks like ??????????????.mkv and so on.

ru

Если в имени файла есть кириллица, то имя файла сохраняется со знаками вопроса вместо букв.

I don't have this problem.You may be have a problem with fonts!

ru:

У меня нет такие проблемы. Возможно, у тебя есть проблемы со шрифтами!

I've just installed the 23090 build and it is showing radically different network behaviour to the 21886 build I had before. In some respects it seems like the uTP is being excessively sensitive and keeps choking off my bandwidth, and turning off uTP made things a lot better. However, I think the culprit is just tcp_rate_control. Setting this to false seems to cure the problem. I don't know if the setting wasn't working in the 21886 build or whether something is broken in the 23090 build, but they are certainly different. Or maybe uTP bandwidth control wasn't working at all in the earlier build?

FWIW, you can always try WebUI v0.380 WIP for the time being. According to lithopsian, the Files tab works fine in the latest version I released (and really, the whole thing should more-or-less works fine Linux).

DISCLAIMER: The use of my build of WebUI under µTorrent Server is neither officially endorsed nor supported by anyone here. If you run into bugs while using my build of WebUI, then the onus is on you to test for the same problem under the copy of webui.zip distributed with utserver to see if the problem persists, before reporting the problem here. If you can't reproduce the bug with a restored copy of webui.zip, then don't report the bug here, as it may not be a bug with µTorrent Server.

If you're unwilling to go through the extra trouble that comes with this, then my suggestion is not for you. I wouldn't want to find out that this suggestion is causing more headaches for µTorrent Server devs.

For anyone curious about the differences between the utserver webui.zip and my version, look at the changelog starting from v0.371 WIP (2010-04-16) and newer, as utserver's version was forked somewhere in between the 2010-04-04 and 2010-04-16 builds. µTorrent Server's version has since diverged and implemented things in its own way, but they're not greatly divergent enough for the changelog to be irrelevant. There are still things that are unimplemented in my version (like the /gui/?action=getversion request used by utserver webui.zip's About dialog), but most of the major elements should be there.

Ok' date=' now it's obvious: the linux Webui cannot work with SSH port forwardings.

So, can you please fix this issue in the next release? It's a very important feature IMHO. (At least for be, living behind a proxy.)[/quote']

Thanks for the report. I've asked a developer who recently worked on the Socks5 proxy to look at this.

Turns out that developer was working on the UDP proxy, which of course would not affect proxying of the web interface (TCP). I'll see if I can get some time to try to reproduce this.

in 23090 please fix labels

IE 9 Beta - dont load web

The product will pick up the fix for labels when I rebranch the code line (probably this week).

I haven't tried IE 9 beta. IE 8 will work on the next release after 23090 so maybe IE 9 will work too; I resolved a Javascript syntax problem that Firefox was OK with but IE would not accept.

Thank you for the unicode support! :D

I hope that means it is working for everyone, especially those using Cyrillic character sets, for which the problem seemed most obvious.

Have a problem with this release (didn't try any previous) - if file in torrent contains cyrillic letters' date=' the file name ([b']on disk! not in webUI) looks like ??????????????.mkv and so on.

I don't have this problem.You may be have a problem with fonts!

Previous revisions did have a problem with localization. I haven't heard any reports of localization problems with the latest release; no news can be good news. Sounds like you don't see that problem, which is a good sign.

Archived