µTorrent Server 3.0 alpha build 27079 (for Linux) - x86

Firon

ok, in any case and last reply in the wrong forum;

I would like to thank you for replying. You guys are doing a good job and that has to be mentioned as well. I'm using the old version now to keep it running.

Can't wait for the older Glib libraries support to come out. Plz add it to the release notes so I can identify useful builds :)

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting an error message: "Error: Too many open files" when checking a torrent.

This is a torrent with thousands of smaller files. It is doing this when checking the torrent and I can't get past a certain percentage. I assume it's hitting my "ulimit -n" of 1024. I am bumping this up to 4096 for my next login, but it seems like this is a bug. These files don't remain open when checking with `lsof` and it seems like the file handles should be closed after its checked? Could this be a result of my cache limit being high and all of these small files trying to fill that up and getting past 1024 open files? I am not joining at 100%, so maybe the files that are not completed are taking up that chunk of 1024?

I am using build 25053. Let me know if there's any tests I can run.

O

:| Does anyone know how to check the current version of my utorrent server?

And how to update it to the latest build in order not to loss any the seeds i am seeding ' date=' labels etc.?[/quote']

I think the only lead to version you have is the date of the program file. But do you need this ? Don't we all want just the latest version ?

To upgrade I just stopped and killed the old program and then copy the new version over the old one. When running new program it will read the old config and torrents that was in folder folder and everything should work.

:| Does anyone know how to check the current version of my utorrent server?

In the web UI' date=' press F2.

On the command line, run

./utserver -usage

[/quote']

Oh sorry i was busy before . Thank both of you :) Currently version i have 3.0 build 21886 i will install the beta one once it releases :P

• 2 weeks later...

I just upgrade my ubuntu x64 to 11.04 and i got a error :

./utserver: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8:           wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

path for libssl :

/usr/lib/libssl3.so/usr/lib/libssl3.so.1d -> libssl3.so/usr/lib/libssl.a/usr/lib/libssl.so -> /lib/libssl.so.0.9.8/usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8 -> /lib/libssl.so.0.9.8
/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8

and

/usr/lib64/libssl3.so/usr/lib64/libssl3.so.1d -> libssl3.so/usr/lib64/libssl.a/usr/lib64/libssl.so -> /lib/libssl.so.0.9.8/usr/lib64/libssl.so.0.9.8 -> /lib/libssl.so.0.9.8

nb : i have the last build 25053

ps : with 21886, 22708, 22789 & 23418 I got :

./utserver: error while loading shared libraries: libgcc_s.so.1:            cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

with 24118,24733 & 25053 I got :

./utserver: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8:             wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Utorrent Server build 25053 was working quite well until I upgraded from Ubuntu 10.10 to 11.04 and now I can no longer change priority, and some incomplete downloads which had portions marked "Don't Download" cannot be changed. Has anyone else encountered this and is there a way to fix it?

Utorrent Server build 25053 was working quite well until I upgraded from Ubuntu 10.10 to 11.04 and now I can no longer change priority, and some incomplete downloads which had portions marked "Don't Download" cannot be changed. Has anyone else encountered this and is there a way to fix it?

Webui, I assume. The operating system is (almost) irrelevant to this. What browsers and versions were you using in the 10.10 and 11.04?

The workaround in previous cases where the context menu priority change wouldn't work was to double-click the torrent file and it will cycle through the priorities. Don't know if this will work in your case, since it stopped working for me with the webui version that made the context menu work.

Utorrent Server build 25053 was working quite well until I upgraded from Ubuntu 10.10 to 11.04 and now I can no longer change priority' date=' and some incomplete downloads which had portions marked "Don't Download" cannot be changed. Has anyone else encountered this and is there a way to fix it?[/quote']

Webui, I assume. The operating system is (almost) irrelevant to this. What browsers and versions were you using in the 10.10 and 11.04?

The workaround in previous cases where the context menu priority change wouldn't work was to double-click the torrent file and it will cycle through the priorities. Don't know if this will work in your case, since it stopped working for me with the webui version that made the context menu work.

Was using Firefox 3.something and now it's 4.0.1 - The double clicking on the file does cycle through the priorities, so thanks for that tip. I do like the Linux server version over the Win version under wine as it appears to connect nearly instantly to seeds and peers and the download speed seems to be much faster. I wish I could say the same for the upload speed as it seems to be slower even if I'm not downloading.

Dear all Linux uTorrent-server users :)

To everyone using Ubuntu 10.10 and uTorrent-server on a headless computer used as server/NAS I suggest NOT to go for Ubuntu 11.04 at this times. 11.04 uses more CPU resources and more SRAM without giving anything back as server/NAS.

I have heard that the CPU usage should be fixed in a future Linux core so at least wait until that is fixed.

If you use uTorrent-server on the computer you normally use you may forget about this and go ahead to 11.04

Don't know if this will work in your case, since it stopped working for me with the webui version that made the context menu work.

That was fixed forever ago.

v0.380 WIP (2010-12-24)

* Fix: Regression in ability to change priority in Files tab by double-click

FreeBSD 8.2 (gentoo-stage3) + Win7/64 (IE9) + utorrent-server-3.0-25053

WORKING!:)

Problems on FreeBSD

Error: ELF interpreter /lib/ld-linux.so.2 not found

Solution: ln -s /usr/local/gentoo-stage3/lib/ld-linux.so.2 /lib/ld-linux.so.2

Error: missing libssl.so.0.9.8 and libcrypto.so.0.9.8 (this is standard error ;) )

Solution:

cd /usr/local/gentoo-stage3/usr/lib

ln -s /usr/local/gentoo-stage3/usr/lib/libssl.so libssl.so.0.9.8

ln -s /usr/local/gentoo-stage3/usr/lib/libcrypto.so libcrypto.so.0.9.8

Error: missing other libs

Solution: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/gentoo-stage3/usr/lib:/usr/local/gentoo-stage3/lib

Error:

/etc/host.conf: line 2: bad command `hosts'

/etc/host.conf: line 3: bad command `dns'

Solution: export RESOLV_HOST_CONF=/usr/local/gentoo-stage3/etc/host.conf

Probably, problems with utserver + su

Problems on IE9:

Preferences -> missing buttons OK, Cancel, Apply

Great initiative! When will there be a working executable for suse 11.2 64bit? I don't mind it being buggy, I just wan't to be able to run it. This is what the current build gives me:

utserver: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by utserver)

utserver: /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by utserver)

utserver: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by utserver)

i have extracted utorrent and typed ./utserver

but the only message telling mme from terminal is

server started - using locale en_US.UTF-8

Using locale en_US.UTF-8

total physical memory -1 max disk cache 33554432

TCP port bind failed 0.0.0.0:6881: (98) Address already in use

IPv6 is installed

any help?

Hi there,

Saw "alpha" build and didn't expect much from the release.

Boy was I wrong!

The amount of work put into this is mind blowing. I'm truly impressed.

The ONLY problems that I've found wrong with it are below (I haven't read the thread so sorry if it's been mentioned before)

- "Files" tab for torrent details not updating percentage as it downloads

refreshing the page works

- Selecting file priority (not torrent) in "Files" tab gives this error:

"JS error: [1958] this.files[id] is undefined" and the menu does not disappear.

(only breaks on Firefox 4, but works on Opera/IE6)

The files tab doesn't update as fast as the torrent list. Are you sure it isn't updating at all?

You might try different webui builds to see if the JS error goes away. Seems like that is a new error.

I recently put in a fix to have the files tab update more often. It was only reading the files list when the files tab was first displayed, then it would not update. Although, there's a new web UI developed here that will probably get included in the next release.

Archived