µTorrent Server 3.0 alpha build 27079 (for Linux) - x86

Firon

When we started our Idea Bank a few months ago, a Linux version was immediately the most requested feature, and has stayed #1 ever since. This morning, we are announcing a preview release of the first of two new products for Linux users. µTorrent Server, an alpha version available immediately for download here, is intended for users seeking a fast, commandline only BitTorrent client with remote web-based management. If you prefer a more traditional experience, rest assured we are working hard to build a full-featured GUI client.

This is a native Linux port and is known to work on Ubuntu 9.10+, Debian 5+ and Fedora 12+. Others may work, but they are not officially supported. Kernel 2.6.13 or newer required. 64-bit host systems currently have some problems, so 32-bit only for now.

For trackers who whitelist, the user agent is uTorrent/300B(build#)(server)

The peerid is identical to the Windows 3.0 client. They share version numbers because of a common codebase.

Ubuntu 10.10 x86 (27079)

If you'd like to be notified of new releases, please subscribe to the release notification thread.

Release Notes

• Native Linux port!
  • Headless daemon with WebUI support for remote management
  • 32-bit release (requires 32-bit libraries on x64 systems)

Known Issues

• Auto-updates do not work yet
  • HTTPS trackers are unsupported
  • BEP22 isn't supported
  • Unicode paths in the configurable directories will crash

Changelog:

Server edition-specific changes are noted below. Changes that apply to all versions of µTorrent can be found in docs/Changes.txt in the tarball.

Server-specific changes are in the tarball.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet, thank you so much. Finally.

Too bad, no 64bit. :(

Is it possible to run with ia32-libs on Ubuntu 64bit ?

It will run with 32-bit compatibility installed, but we had some stability problems (100% CPU). Feel free to try it though; you may have better luck.

Good news! Thanks!

Waiting complete x64 support, rpm/deb packages and GUI-clint for this server. :)

I think some of forum members can make proper deb/rpm/whatever packages.

The only question is where they should be posted? I've posted ebuild in troubleshoot forum but I don't think it's right place.

I think some of forum members can make proper deb/rpm/whatever packages.

The only question is where they should be posted? I've posted ebuild in troubleshoot forum but I don't think it's right place.

Probably under General. I'll make a sticky later and collect the packages people make. Eventually we'll probably make our own .deb, maybe rpm.

Hi. :)

So, I just gave it a try and found some points that could be improved:

• utserver - -help should output a brief help and usage information.
  • No Commandline-arguments at all?
  • On Page 3 in the uTorrent_Server.pdf the Link Application Settings links to page 1 for me.
  • Licensing Information should be included

Archived