µTorrent Server 3.0 alpha build 27079 (for Linux) - x86

Firon

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the download page:

System Requirements

32-bit Ubuntu 9.10+, Debian 5+, Fedora 12+ (others untested)

Linux kernel 2.6.13 or newer required

I'm running Ubuntu 9.10, and the new version will not start due to the new Libc requirements. Probably ought to change the download page.

Also, I would like to register my request to have a version with statically linked binaries.

Thank you.

Tested build 25053 some time now an it works perfect so far, my "Coast to coast am" torrent goes perfectly into folders as they should. Many thanks for update "Firon" and team :)

I hear talk about program with gui, but I really do not see the importance of that. Most people will run uTorrent server on a headless Linux computer anyway (advanced NAS replacement) and web gui is more practical anyway. I would think to get Utorrent present in Ubuntu software center or at least in "Package manager" would be more of a upgrade.

What could be nice is a button in web gui that stops all torrents (press before gaming) and a resume button to start only the torrent that was active (after gaming).

Also some info when selecting a torrent that can tell something about share status on the part of torrent I do not have would be fine (if it is not already ?)

But these issues are just luxury since the program works so perfect now !

:| Does anyone know how to check the current version of my utorrent server?

And how to update it to the latest build in order not to loss any the seeds i am seeding , labels etc.?

I think the only lead to version you have is the date of the program file. But do you need this ? Don't we all want just the latest version ?

To upgrade I just stopped and killed the old program and then copy the new version over the old one. When running new program it will read the old config and torrents that was in folder folder and everything should work.

New build up!

You may find that this build has faster download speed. I found that to be the case when stress testing the release (frequently seeing 35 MB/sec download rates when using 4 seed computers in a gigabit Ethernet LAN). Engineers here have a theory that recent fixes to piece caching improved performance. Although, you'd need a substantial Internet connection to see that rate outside of a LAN. Hopefully, the faster download speed means more efficient downloading, which would likely mean less CPU usage, which would benefit users regardless of Internet bandwidth.

k i found a issue, and its regarding the WebUI :( whenever i try to access it without having alternative listening port on it will not load properly the first 4-5 times, after the fifth it usually loads everything(maybe it times out?), so when i enable the alternative listening port i have no issues at all

Hi, I really enjoy using uTorrent Server. Thank you to the developers!

I do ran into a problem though. I'm on Xubuntu 10.10. I'm trying to setup a download status auto notification through twitter.

I tried to utilized the "Run program when a torrent finishes" in uTorrent Server (latest) for Linux.

I have Twidge installed. It's a command line twitter client.

So then I put the line

twidge update "%F has finished downloading."

into the Run program field in the WebUI 0.380 WIP. The twidge update "status" command works flawlessly if ran from terminal. So its not a twidge/twitter problem.

When a torrent finishes, the terminal thats currently running uTorrent Server gave this following line:

Executing: twidge update "Star.Wars.The.Clone.Wars.S03E16.Altar.of.Mortis.HDTV.XviD-FQM.avi has finished downloading."

So I know for sure that the line of command has been executed, but there is no status update on the twitter page!

What went wrong? I am a Linux newb, so I probably did unintentionally skip some essential steps.

I tried to utilized the "Run program when a torrent finishes" in uTorrent Server (latest) for Linux.

I have Twidge installed. It's a command line twitter client.

twidge update "%F has finished downloading."
Executing: twidge update "Star.Wars.The.Clone.Wars.S03E16.Altar.of.Mortis.HDTV.XviD-FQM.avi has finished downloading."

So I know for sure that the line of command has been executed, but there is no status update on the twitter page!

What went wrong?

The message you report shows that uTorrent Server recognizes it needs to run that program as you have registered it, and is attempting to run it at that time. That doesn't mean that the program ran successfully, or even that uTorrent Server found the program. Unfortunately, there isn't a good way for the application to log failures for this operation. However, you can set up logging yourself. You could set up a shell script file that generates output to a log file, redirecting standard output and standard error of the twidge program to that log file, and run that shell script instead of running twidge directly.

I'm suspecting that all you need to do is to provide the full path to the executable, instead of just twidge. uTorrent Server runs exactly the command you provide; it doesn't run the command in a shell, so there's no which command lookup functionality available to find the executable referred to in the command.

On another topic, I'm not sure why people post trouble reports to the announcement forum instead of the troubleshooting forum. I think it would be more useful to post in the troubleshooting forum, since that would organize the posts for later searches, and leave this forum just for announcements and questions about announcements.

Archived