How can I add one torrent to share?

simonbcn

That downloads are in directory where completed downloads are stored. When I add one torrent from webUI is stored in "dir_temp_files". Do you see the problem?

The add torrent dialog should allow indicate folder to download.

Have you tried creating a utserver.conf file that defines separate directories for dir_active, dir_completed, dir_torrent_files, and dir_temp_files? While not necessary, it can be helpful in distinguishing files at different stages of processing. You should see the downloaded torrent file in the torrent files directory. You may see temporary files in the temp files directory (with .utt extension); those files get deleted every time the server process starts.

I've recorded the issue regarding allowing choice of download folder (when there are more than one) from the add torrent dialog.

Have you tried creating a utserver.conf file that defines separate directories for dir_active, dir_completed, dir_torrent_files, and dir_temp_files?

Yes, and this is the problem to share one torrent already downloaded in µTorrent Windows.

I've recorded the issue regarding allowing choice of download folder (when there are more than one) from the add torrent dialog.

Where can I download that modified utserver webUI?

Is this already implemented in utserver webUI?

No.

What you can do though is redownload the .torrent file, unless you still have it hanging around, and copy/move/mount --bind the files for said torrent over into dir_active, add the .torrent in a paused state, stop it, and force recheck. That should end up showing the torrent as completed if it was completed in the windows version but this is an alpha, so there's always the risk of your files getting corrupted and having to be redownloaded.

Alternatively, you could start with the script I left over here and edit it to suit your needs. Do not, however, ask me for support on it.

Is this already implemented in utserver webUI?

No.

Thanks' date=' but I've changed the question.

What you can do though is redownload the .torrent file, unless you still have it hanging around, and copy/move/mount --bind the files for said torrent over into dir_active, add the .torrent in a paused state, stop it, and force recheck. That should end up showing the torrent as completed if it was completed in the windows version but this is an alpha, so there's always the risk of your files getting corrupted and having to be redownloaded.

To my knowledge, in utserver can not add a torrrent in a paused state.

Anyway, thanks, but this method I already knew and not what I want.

Alternatively, you could start with the script I left over here and edit it to suit your needs. Do not, however, ask me for support on it.

buff!! That script (and method) is very usefulness for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived