utorrent won't remeber selected upload speed

stlolth

i'm using the latest version. i haven't changed any settings manually except for the port. i've simply installed it, and went to set the upload speed through the network icon as i always did.

as far as i know it should set up all the other settings according to the speed i choose.

edit: nevermind, i gave up and let it have it's way and set the upload speed manually through the preferences.

I could not duplicate your problem in v2.0.4 ...I could use Speed Guide's drop-down box and get it to change settings arbitrarily to anything in the list.

...HOPEFULLY, you weren't clicking the middle bottom button which says "Run tests" -- as that *DOES* set uTorrent's settings as a result of the tests.

I'm running Win 7, could that be an issue?

Anyway, it's still persisting. I don't want to reinstall so i don't lose all torrent data and have to re-locate the files manually. It's also getting laggy as hell, it froze for a while when i was trying to select a speed again, but the processor usage is minimal.

How do i back up the settings? I don't see an option for it and i don't know the manual process.

Also, is there a way to delete all the uTorrent settings and make it think it's starting for the first time?

Edit: Nevermind, i found it. I've discovered that each time i delete the settings and choose a faster speed, it decreases it to a lesser speed, but proportionally higher in relation to the selected speed.

512 = 376.83

640 = 475.13

768 = 573.44

I can't figure out a connection or patern, but maybe there is one.

Archived