Files have been shared with you using µTorrent

vtol

when the recipient is redirected via tinyurl to http://www.utorrent.com/share/?btih there is only the download button available, forcing the download and installation of utorrent-bundle.exe, whether utorrent is already installed or not. and it keeps that way, even after installing that utorrent-bundle.exe.

no matter what OS/browser.

that is mismatching the claim 'If you already have µTorrent, the torrents will be added to your queue'.

how is one supposed to share via utorrent if one get stuck in this you have to download utorrent-bundle.exe loop? and why bundle, not just the client?

You're going to have to be a lot more clear about what is happening that you think is going wrong.

Is the bundle not loading the .torrent file into your existing RUNNING instance?

Is the installed version of uTorrent an older version?

Why do you expect the website to know if you have uTorrent installed already?

What procedure are you actually following to exchange files?

installed version latest stable, beta or alpha - does not make a difference, one is aways forced to download that bundle thing. and no, it does not add the .torrent to any utorrent instance, whether running or not..

the page is citing 'If you already have µTorrent, the torrents will be added to your queue.' from my point of view it does imply that if utorrent already installed the download is not happening and the torrent to be added to the queue. that is why I expect the website to know whether utorrent is already installed or not.

moreover the button(link) does not change even when you downloaded the bundle.exe thing, hence there is then still no access to the torrent.

the page is citing 'If you already have µTorrent, the torrents will be added to your queue.' from my point of view it does imply that if utorrent already installed the download is not happening and the torrent to be added to the queue. that is why I expect the website to know whether utorrent is already installed or not.

Then you are expecting the impossible without spyware on your system (which we don't do)

What happens normally, is that if uTorrent is already installed, the bundle will pass the .torrent along to the already installed instance.

You still haven't addressed my final question in my previous post.

[Then you are expecting the impossible without spyware on your system (which we don't do)

What happens normally, is that if uTorrent is already installed, the bundle will pass the .torrent along to the already installed instance.

You still haven't addressed my final question in my previous post.

I did not put that page/wording up. Obviously it is not passing anything along to any installed instance but keeps on promoting the bundle.exe download. then again the question - why bundle and not the client just?

'Drop(ped) files to share', then pushed the 'get link' button, which in turn produces a tinyurl (e.g. http://tinyurl.com/277dhtb), clicking on that leads to you the above url, of course with all related data extended then

http://www.utorrent.com/documentation/make-a-torrent <-- As much as the "Drop Files To Share" seems appealing, a LOT of what needs to be factored in to properly sharing files with bittorrent gets ignored completely.

what are you trying to say is missing or wrong?'drop files to share' is build in as feature in the alpha3. and the page mentioned is run by utorrent too

Just about every consideration that normally needs to be followed for making a torrent is left out when you use the "Drop files to share" function.

Including:

> Knowing what your connection is capable of

> Knowing that you are likely creating a torrent of files that may have a pre-existing torrent out there that won't contribute to your sharing of this new torrent (slowing everyone down)

> Knowing that bittorrent is NOT a traditional p2p network, and as such removing the task from uTorrent cuts off availability.

Honestly, some of these features should not be dumbed down this much, and this is one they REALLY shouldn't have implemented.

Archived