Request failures continuous in web log

simonbcn

Heh, that'll probably cause WebUI to show a big error message asking for a refresh after a minute or so. The problem is that whatever version of µTorrent you're using doesn't support those requests.

action=getxferhist works in µTorrent v3.0 (Windows)

action=getversion doesn't

If it's µTorrent Linux v3.0 that's causing this, then that's certainly an odd oversight for them to have left it in there.

Well, if you restart it, then naturally it'll have problems connecting until the daemon finishes starting up and is reachable again.

I haven't talked about connecting problems. I have talked about errors in Log tab of webUI.

Yes, I know that if the daemon is down, I can't connect to webUI. It's normal!

When I said:

I think that it occurs when I restart the daemon. I have to test it more.

I meant that I think this happens every time I start the daemon.

I haven't talked about connecting problems.

Indeed, you didn't, but the only reason I keep bringing it up is because the logger displays that error message when the request fails, whether because the backend can't be reached, or because the backend rejected the request (and I find rejection of the request only at startup to be highly unlikely). That's why it is a connection error, and that's why I keep talking about an unreachable backend while the daemon restarts.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the point of this thread. If you're writing here just to document the behavior, fine then. It's just that it was in the Troubleshooting forum (albeit without any question), so I thought I'd explain it.

It isn't really a problem if WebUI recovers from the error -- that's what the error recovery through request retrying was implemented for. I'm not sure what happens here, but if the server is opening the browser, then the only fix would be for it to delay when it launches the browser, which isn't exactly "better".

I'm not saying or implying trying to imply anything. I'm just trying to determine whether the problem happens only on page load after a daemon restart, at the beginning of every page reload (WebUI session start -- inter-session), or continuously as you use WebUI without reloading the page (intra-session).

I'm not saying or implying anything. I'm just trying to determine whether the problem happens only on page load after a daemon restart, at the beginning of every page reload (WebUI session start), or if it happens continuously as you use WebUI.

Well, I can confirm that it occurs at the beginning of every page reload.

Everytime I click the "Logger" tab, there is a message "[21:53:09] Request failure #1 (will retry in 2 seconds): action=getxferhist". It never seems to retry.

There is just this single message. The timestamp is changed to current time everytime I hit refresh.

I am using the Linux alpha version

Archived