BitComet 0.63 with new feature!

Dark Shroud

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is good news! If only BitComet users would upgrade to the newest version, that is. On one torrent that I'm on right now (39 of the 41 peers in the swarm is are BC), there are equal numbers .59, .60, .61, and .62, with a few others going back to .54. Usually uT and Az are only the last version or two (excluding betas), but there seems to be a much larger spread of active BitComet versions in almost all the swarms I've looked at recently. Not to threadjack, but any idea why that is? Does it not automatically notify for new versions?

Anyhow, the more with PE the better. I'm not being throttled at the moment, but my ISP (Shaw, in Canada) is reportedly doing it as close as half an hour's drive from my home, so it's only a matter of time...

@Animorc

Thx, good link. But only Azureus to see...

That's my signature. It haven't got anything to do with the new BitComet version :P

Edit: Ontopic: The reason for the amount of lower BitComet versions on public trackers is probably because no versions are banned on those. Some people prefer to use the more abusive versions to get their torrents faster

I just tried BC for the first time to see if it can overcome my ISP throttling with the new encryption feature implemented and it was slower then µtorrent. The GUI is much better in µtorrent IMO.

plus, I couldn't find the speed graph in BC.

I must find a new ISP...

Potentially if you're connection is throttled...

Well, not really. It will help if you have "force encryption" enabled in that you'll get more encrypted peers. It will also help all Az/µT users since BC users with encryption on can now be contacted instead of only communicating with other BC peers.

With record updating [for this client] BitComet 0.63 was just released today sporting one big change. The developer ditched his old encryption and moved to the new PE/MSE encryption to be compatible with Azureus & µTorrent.

Sigh. And when finally uTorrent with PEncryption will go stable?

I've already heard some smartasses blablings that Azu is superior because of its PE, and uTorrent is trying to catch desperately by implementing it in latest betas.

Now even Bitcomet has released official with new PE, and uTorrent still not.

yeah bitcomet is more spread in bulgaria.. on bulgarian trackers 90-95% of the peers are bitcomet users. uT and Az share the other 5% :) .. there are less bitcomet peers in other countries.. i saw 1-2 bitcomet 0.63 users and i tried the encryption :).. removing the old PE was a bad move for BitComet.. it should have preserved it and having 2 types of encryption will make it to establish encrypted connections wil almost everybody (Az, uT, bitcomet < 0.63)

Archived