BitComet 0.63 with new feature!

Dark Shroud

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PR = Press Release?

kirahasi means it will make µTorrent look better to all the noobs who don't understand the joint venture to have a stable release with the PE. Since most people only use the update feature instead of cheaking the web site for betas.

removing the old PE was a bad move for BitComet.. it should have preserved it and having 2 types of encryption will make it to establish encrypted connections wil almost everybody (Az, uT, bitcomet < 0.63)

I'm glad he ditched it, for many reasons.

1) It did not encrypt the BitTorrent handshake so it was detectable.

2) One Encryption standard means everyone can connect to each other equally.

3) One Encryption will mean fewer problems as BitComet will not be trying to use both at the same time.

EDIT: The Mighty Buzzard, you're probably right.

Great news... I've been waiting for this to happen.

The three most popular BT clients all being encryption compatible :)

Now lets hope most of their userbase upgrades.

Unfortunately, I too still see BitComet 0.54 peers way too often.

1c3d0g: yes, it just might be the best thing to do. I'm not sure though. If the most important thing is to have minimum complaints about the new stable, then this is the way to go. However, if the most important thing is to attract more and more people to use µtorrent, it might be best to release the stable without waiting for Az.

Until the new BC came out, I thought that it would be best to wait for Az, because Az is not a real competitor for µtorrent. (not that it's less good, it just aims at different crowds). So I didn't think that µtorrent will lose potential users to Az just because Az had a stable release which supported encryption.

Now that BC came out with encryption, it might be best to release the stable µtorrent to avoid losing potential users to BC which is a direct competitor to µtorrent.

emtec666, just for the record, and what are you giving back? :D

While we are on BC, is its DHT and PExreception getting weaker? I'm currently downloading a crap torrent whose tracker never works. I was able to scrape up 1 seed and 6 other guys over DHT, and I'm downloading at a crap rate right now. So of course I opened up BC, and it can't detect a single other guy.

The tracker might have banned BC. :/

Anther option to help BitVomit users, now it checks for updates! :o

If the cheating behovior is fixed this might become a respectable client.

I know for a fact it hasn't been worked on at all. After doing some testing with DHT and tweaking settings I was able to compleatly cheat a Private tracker. I was logged in and the tracker didn't even know I was downloading from the torrent, they use passkeys. I was able to download with an average of 95KBs with almost no uploading, I skipped out with less than a .2 ratio.

Don't worry, I seeded the file to 100% with µTorrent. :)

although i always like to update to the newest version bitcomet never notified me of new updates even though i have check for new updates on in the options.

It does now, or is supposed to anyway, it seems to be a feature slipped in quietly and enabled by default. Probably because it should have been there & working for a few versions already with how populair the client is.

yeah I started to see many BitTornado/03E suddenly, and didn't know why that was.

I believe 3E = version 3.14a and the new 3.15 should be 3F. If Shaddow is following hex as he appears to be doing. I'll try and find out. Since BitTornado is one of the few clients that I actually like. :)

arent you ashamed of yourselves posting how BC is better then

uTorrent and insulting the excellent developers work??

utorrent is the best client ever and the updates are real quick,

the interface is absolutely fantastic!

- Feature: Peer Exchange (only with µT peers for now)

it will be compatible with other clients soon, i am 100% sure.

your internet is faster with BC because you're an ignorant. that's why.

it all depends on the freaking Seeds/Peers most important

and of course your knowledge on how to properly configure

a client and port forward etc...

so STFU.

---------

Archived