BitComet 0.63 with new feature!

Dark Shroud

emtec666, just for the record, and what are you giving back? :D

Hey I used BitComet so nothing I guess. :P (Seriously it was a seeder from a fast Swedish ISP (telia or bredbandsbolaget)

It was just a test: I'm back to uTorrent again and glad to see PHE is working well with the other clients. Friends of mine use BitComet so now I can upload/download fast to them over encrypted connection. :D

Of course the uTorrent & Azureus devs deserve all the credit, but for the average BT user it's just very good news BitComet implemented it as well.

Keep the bits flowing :cool:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
arent you ashamed of yourselves posting how BC is better then

uTorrent and insulting the excellent developers work??

utorrent is the best client ever and the updates are real quick,

the interface is absolutely fantastic!

- Feature: Peer Exchange (only with µT peers for now)

it will be compatible with other clients soon, i am 100% sure.

your internet is faster with BC because you're an ignorant. that's why.

it all depends on the freaking Seeds/Peers most important

and of course your knowledge on how to properly configure

a client and port forward etc...

so STFU.

---------

Who said BitComet was better than µTorrent? We're talking about it using the new encryption, as in we're happy that all three of the most populair BitTorrent clients support the same encryption. Why don't you try reading posts before commenting and ditch the immature "STFU" comment. Oh any by the way, I do have my ports forwarded through my NAT router, I even keep the firmware up to date.

Sigh. And when finally uTorrent with PEncryption will go stable?

I've already heard some smartasses blablings that Azu is superior because of its PE

IIRC, µTorrent had PE support before Azureus (since it was a join µT/Az development, but ludde coded it faster :P). Anyway, µT 1.5 is final now.

removing the old PE was a bad move for BitComet..

Agreed, I see no need to get rid of legacy support.. sure BC's original PE sucked, but backwards compatibility is good...

Great. Now if we can just get BitTornado and Bram to use encryption ISP's may stop throttling.

Hah, stop throttling? I doubt it. If encryption becomes widespread (which it might not, a lot of users will just not realise you can even USE encryption) then they will probably just enforce download quotas or something. :(

Oh, and can we stop with the "BitVomit" thing? It's really lame.

Yes, but Ludde, ever unaware about the need for good PR, didn't immediately go and put his revolutionary development into a official release. Even though uT betas are no worse off than the officials, Az still won the race to the official release (even though their release turned out to be buggy by their own admission!)

BitTornado, maybe. Bram? Should I scrape up a link to what he thinks about this whole idea. He realy thinks those ISPs are nice guys and we are being meanies by encrypting...

PE != PHE...

Kazuaki Shimazaki: What do you mean by "good PR"? It's not like he's selling a product, or really cares that people will switch to Azureus because it had the first "stable" release with PE. Most people with the knowledge to switch on things like PE would try out the beta. Big deal...

Has anyone actually come accross any BitComet/0063 peers yet?

Personally I haven't.. but I have seen lots of µTorrent/1500 peers already.

I assume BitComet doesn't have an auto-update feature in place?

I hope to start seeing more encryption compatible BitComet/0063 peers soon...

At the moment, only µTorrent/1500 peers are usefull to me. I block all Azureus/2400 peers as they only pollute the swarms with hash fails and get everyone else banned along with them.

Hi All, my present ISP is about to close down and all other ISP's are throttled. So while contemplating my immediate doom, I downloaded utorrent in the hope that I will be prepared when I move to a throttled account.

My problem is that while using utorrent, every hour or so the router disconnects and/ or resets itself. Under the option Torrents, I reduced the 'global number of connections' to 20, and the 'maximum amount of peers' to 10. But still the problem persists. Can anyone please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Adrian

I've seen a few BitComet 0.63 users. Not only do I get the encrypted flag, I received good speeds from them. The BitComet/BitSpirit clients still steal most of my upload, but now I can get more then 1kb downloads from them with PE.

And I think removing BitComet's old PHE was a good thing because it will force them to upgrade to the new version. I commonly see people using the old versions, all the way back to 0.54.

Trackers should ban older versions of BitComet anyway.

Dark Shroud: Most of them wont upgrade from their 'faster', abusive pre .59 clients. They enjoy having an unfair advantage so they dont upgrade.

Lets hope the new amount of peers available for encrypted connetions actually give some benefit, as we know BitComet peers dont usualy share so willingly ;]

Archived