Error: Former Volume Not Mounted

ellicec

• 3 months later...

i have the same problem, but i did,nt have that problem untill i downloaded the new utorrent22. im a first time computer gamer, so when i seen the new up date, i downloaded it and i had to start all over and 5 out of 17 downloads say, error: former volume not mounted. please help!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm new to this problem just like any of you. After updated torrent, i got this same error :( Couldn't find help anywhere in torrent help section :mad: I stumble here and here is what I found. Your current destination has been changed to a different location after your update. Here is what you should be doing. Go to piratebay.com. Find the movie/file you want to download. After click "download this torrent" another smaller pop-up window will appear. Click "open with". Do not do anything after you see another pop-up window. Look carefully at the top, you'll see the destination that displaying your current source/destination. To change, click on the square block to the right of it and choose the correct destination. I hope this would help :|

I had the same prob. I download to external drive and when i disconnect this drive from computer and then reconnect, the drive letter alloted by computer sometime changes, eg G to H drive. Check Options-> Preferences-> Directories on Utorrent screen and match drive letter to computer allocated drive.

cheers:)

• 2 weeks later...

FIXED: edited to past tense and advice.

I started having this problem after switching the "Location of Downloaded Files" -> "Put new documents in" path to an external USB thumbdrive. Thereafter I got the error every time I tried to download, even after switching it back to a known existing directory on the C drive.

What seems to work FOR THE MOMENT, is changing the aforementioned destination setting, Removing the torrent, exiting uTorrent altogether, then launching from scratch by clicking the .torrent file.

As already noted by others, this started after I downloaded 2.2 -- which happened accidentally when I did NOT tell it to and did not WANT it to.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm new to this problem just like any of you. After updated torrent, i got this same error :( Couldn't find help anywhere in torrent help section :mad: I stumble here and here is what I found. Your current destination has been changed to a different location after your update. Here is what you should be doing. Go to piratebay.com. Find the movie/file you want to download. After click "download this torrent" another smaller pop-up window will appear. Click "open with". Do not do anything after you see another pop-up window. Look carefully at the top, you'll see the destination that displaying your current source/destination. To change, click on the square block to the right of it and choose the correct destination. I hope this would help :|

ThinCook, I am writing to you now for thanking you and fixing my error what i was having. Your post was very useful. I had a prevailing problem which said " former volume not mounted" - because of which i was unable to download anything .... now as what you said, i changed the location of download and "its done" :D:):):) Thank you very much ThinCook - Regards - Rakesh ;)

• 1 month later...

I got this message as well and it is because you need to re-specify the pathway to save your files, esp. if you were downloading to an external hard drive and the driver letter was re-assigned. Easiest fix: right click on torrent that gives you error>Advanced>Set download location...

From there you can re-specify where to send the download if the external was given a new letter. Re-start the download.

• 5 months later...

Rebooting my XP netbook after an MS update caused my external drive to not be recognized. The only thing that fixed this was pulling the power plug and replugging. WD Essentials HD can't be turned off without powering down the computer, so next time I'll try unmounting the drive before restarting Windows. If I can't do that, then I'll shut down, pull the drive, and then restart and remount the drive.

• 3 weeks later...

An alternative that I used when I moved my downloads was:

Back up your "%AppData%\uTorrent\resume.dat" file.

Open "%AppData%\uTorrent\resume.dat" in Notepad++

Replace all instances of your Drive Letter:\Download Path I.E: "C:\Downloads\" with your new drive letter I.E.: "D:\Downloads\".

NOTE: With the way that resume.dat is formatted the length of the path MUST remain the same. This means that you can not change C:\Downloads to D:\DLs!

I have a computer with Gnu / Linux debian, and set utorrent server for Linux by setting utserver.conf I configured all the necessary folders, and it suits me.

But then, a folder with unfinished downloads, has become too large, it was necessary to move it to another disk.

From the web interface, I changed the folder to another, stop the service, copy the entire contents of the old folders with unfinished downloads and launches the service again.

ALL my downloads showed an error in the log was written Error: Former Volume Not Mounted, all the folders in which movement of the files have the owner of the user running the utserver and Law 777 (full permissions for all).

Returned to the web interface, the old folder, stopped the service, tied the old way through the command mount --bind /new_path/ /old_path/ .

Launched a service, still writes an error Error: Former Volume Not Mounted ...

Help the next, remove yourself from the list of torrent in the program and reinstall it and add pereheshirovat.

The question that I did not do so (I originally set up the program guide), because I do everything logically, how to change the folder to the new.

Question2, I hope the developers will give more detailed and clear a log of what happened and exactly which file (which way).

Thank you.

• 2 months later...
I got this message as well and it is because you need to re-specify the pathway to save your files, esp. if you were downloading to an external hard drive and the driver letter was re-assigned. Easiest fix: right click on torrent that gives you error>Advanced>Set download location...

From there you can re-specify where to send the download if the external was given a new letter. Re-start the download.

Thanks for this post,

Sorted out by following the advice.:)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Situation:

My physical drive is one but i had 4 partitions. For ease of use, i merged my E drive with D.

Then i changed the download location for all the torrents(mostly completed ones) which was previously in the E drive.

Some torrents had no problems, but then others had "Error: Invalid Download state, Try resuming".

When i resumed it, the status changed to "Error:Former volume not mounted".

Solution: :cool:

Previously, i tried stop, force recheck, set download location, changing the completed files to a different new drive, but all this was done without proper order.

If you have this problem, do it in this order:

1)stop the torrent(if stop button is greyed leave it as it is),

2)set the present location by: right click >advanced >set download location,

3)force recheck.

If it is already completed torrent, the torrent will be moved to 'downloading' tab and stopped. Now go there and start it. It should recheck it successfully.

If it does not solve still, i will advise you to :

4)exit the application(go to task manager and in the process tab click the 'utorrent.exe' and select end process)

and repeat steps 1-4 until you get it solved.

Because, for reasons who knows, i didn't get this solution on the first try. I just kept on repeating these steps for couple of times.

Good luck. :)

• 4 months later...

I'm getting this problem with a load of files i've already downloaded... I would have thought I could just right-click and set download location... but apparently, when it asks if I want to replace the files already there (re-download) and i say 'no' because i've already got them and just want to seed them... it doesn't change the save directory...

Do I have to do this to every file in the entire torrent?

i'm trying what prashanth_92 said but it's not working...

Archived