Can we flash back to original Linksys FW?

sumasage

I flashed my WRT54Gv4 router to the DD-WRT v2.3 but having some problem so i tried to flash back to the Linksys FW (downloaded from linksys.com). After the "downgrade" my router doesnt seem to work. It can pull the WAN address but i cant get internet on my computer. My comp did pull an address from the router but cant go anywhere. I tried to use the Ping utility in the Diagnostic tab and my router able to ping yahoo and google but not msn. Seem like there is something going on between the router and my computer. I then flash the router back to the DD-WRT v2.3 FW and everthing working ok. I just want to know if it is possible to flash back to linksys's FW and have the router work properly. Thanks

P.S which firmware should i use? i read in a few threads and i got the impression that DD-WRT sux (accorind to Firon). I tried search for HyperWRT FW and found out from HyperWRT's offical site said that the FW doesnt support version 4. What is the Tofu?????

i did that last night and it would not work right. My comp cant get out to the internet. Right now my whole router is very unstable due to flashing back and forth between firmwares (tried to troubleshoot it myself....limited knowledge). Anyway to "wipe" off everything on there and put back the original linksys firmware on there? sort of like reformating a computer.

Archived