µTorrent 1.5 released

ludde

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only "problem" i have is the tracker is telling me i leeched 2 torrents now. But it isnt true, i seed one torrent and leech one torrent. (no superseed)

I have stopped them, tracker show me i dont leech or seed, when start the seed tracker tell me i am leeching again... Not really big problem....

i have this with 1.4.434 and the 1.5 stable... lower version i never have looked at this small problem, so i dont know which version are showed up correctly at the tracker and which one dont.

Edit: ah, i believe i understand it? I have skipped some parts, thats why the tracker believe i am not ready with the download?

In my client i see my torrent is 100% complete, on the tracker i see i have 99,81% completed...

Am i true?

Great update, though I'm wondering about the "- Feature: Setting to determine the number of µTorrent users."

Will this statistics be released in the future, or it maybe is avaible already somewhere?

Would be interesting to know about..

Personally I downgraded back to 1.4. I have no need for forced new themes (i know you can pick your own but I like the standard old look) and/or similar unnecessary eye candy. I like utorrent for it's simplicity and efficiency. Themes and such just make it like any other BT client.

What I'm trying to say is you should do an option which enables classic look & functionality.

Personally I downgraded back to 1.4. I have no need for forced new themes (i know you can pick your own but I like the standard old look) and/or similar unnecessary eye candy.

you should upgrade to 1.5 because of all the new functionality (PEX, PE, etc). also there's a classic "legacy" theme available for download in the User Interface Design part of the forums here. As for everything else, you can turn off the tab icons (and even the toolbar if you don't like it taking up space, something that i did for awhile until i found a theme i was happier with), that's all under the Options menu. The only new "eyecandy" is the stop-light style Network OK, which really isn't that big of a deal, imo.

edit: linkage.. [toolbar/status] Old Skool (legacy)

UPnP no longer works for me. I noticed a couple of comments about this regarding the beta version in the bug forum so was a bit surprised when I let the autoupdate run and it was still borked. My icon stays yellow and I get an entry in the log 'Unable to map UPnP port to 192.168.0.2:xxxxx'

Don't think I had this problem on the previous version, and it certainly worked ok with azureus so I don't think its the router.

Woah. Just got µtorrent through the auto-update feature. I'm still discovering all the new software goodness you delivered, but already I'm positively *awed* by the auto-update!!! I have *never* seen anything update so smoothly and transparently. Gosh.

- Jeremie

Woah. Just got µtorrent through the auto-update feature. I'm still discovering all the new software goodness you delivered, but already I'm positively *awed* by the auto-update!!! I have *never* seen anything update so smoothly and transparently. Gosh.

- Jeremie

Same here, when I first saw it - if only every application I use could update in such a slick way! :D

Archived