µTorrent 1.5 released

ludde

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, none of the above..

When i save torrent to disk, then open it with a dubble click, it works. But directly opening from an internet link doesn't work.

Fault in utorrent i gues.. 1.4 worked fine.

Actually, I have encountered that - and it is due to how the tracker's web page is designed.

Try some other sites.

i love to see now in all torrents iam downloading and seeding the huge amount of 1.5 users. not really thought that so few people used the beta´s in the past only to wait for the next "stable" version. so i appreciated the release to introduce encryption etc. to the wider public ;) thumbs up

dear nTorrent developers, I'm running the largest italian bittorrent community (a village), and we have a problem.

The problem is BitComet. But The solution is not nTorrent because is still missing the udp protocol.

So I'm seriosly thinking about a BitComet tracker wide ban, this because this shity client (also in version 6.3) flood the tracker, distrupt first release superseed launches, announces itself as a new peer entry and many (too many) other nasty things. But for many reasons is an essential need for our community that a client use also udp protocol. nTorrent does not.

I hoped that 1.5 version implemented udp (like azu and BC).

So the question is, UDP protocol will be implemented? There is a beta version where we can help testing the UDP protocol?

Thanks you for writing the definitive BC killer.

TheDude is right, Lynx: it has to do with your web browser and your OS, not with your BitTorrent client.

Yep, TheDude and Nightshift, both are wright ( i think) i found where the problem lies.

It has to do with the temporary internet files.

I deleted the cookies and Temp internet files. (i think Temp internet files is the prob.) Then it worked again.

Funny is that i have encountered this several times when updating uTorrent.

So, maybe for the FAQ Firon, When getting an error that utorrent is unable to open the .torrent file, try deleting temporary internet files and restart the browser. This worked for me on 3 pc's so far.

lynx

I was just going trough advanced settings and I noticed one thing I can't understand. This setting has propably been there for a long time, I just havent noticed it before. "bt.convert_to_fast_pct controls the percentage of pieces that get converted into fast mode, which are only requested from fast peers (unless no fast peers are available for that piece) to increase throughput and prevent block stalls." Any gain by tweaking this value to some direction?

dear nTorrent developers, I'm running the largest italian bittorrent community (a village), and we have a problem.

The problem is BitComet. But The solution is not nTorrent because is still missing the udp protocol.

So I'm seriosly thinking about a BitComet tracker wide ban, this because this shity client (also in version 6.3) flood the tracker, distrupt first release superseed launches, announces itself as a new peer entry and many (too many) other nasty things. But for many reasons is an essential need for our community that a client use also udp protocol. nTorrent does not.

I hoped that 1.5 version implemented udp (like azu and BC).

So the question is, UDP protocol will be implemented? There is a beta version where we can help testing the UDP protocol?

Thanks you for writing the definitive BC killer.

If you are the running the site I think your running then it doesn't matter if uTorrent supports UDP trackers as I'm able to announce to the tracker via http. So I'm all for the system wide ban.

If you are the running the site I think your running then it doesn't matter if uTorrent supports UDP trackers as I'm able to announce to the tracker via http. So I'm all for the system wide ban.

I think he would like UDP-support because it is (said to be) more efficient. If you have a large bt-tracker, all those tcp/http connections take their toll. Just thinking of the difference between UDP and TCP (no clue how UDP-tracker-support is implemented) I can image that a HTTP (TCP) tracker needs a lot more beef than a UDP one.

Most trackers I know have issues with crashing and downtime. Not sure why, but I can imagine that it a flood of tracker-connections (when something hot gets posted or people switch on BT en mass) over HTTP/TCP will crash the tracker or lock up the box entirly.

I would say, yes, but I guess it depends on the network-equipment, OS and tracker-software as well. TCP-connections are slow compared to UDP, so at any given time, you would have more active connections (at least, without knowing the exact implementation, that is what I expect). But UDP comes with it's own issues of course. I personally support HTTPS-connectons :-p

A serious flood/spike of either will probably crash/DoS both UDP and TCP trackers.

Archived