Jump to content

µTorrent 1.5 released


ludde

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having a problem with V1.5, It locks up my network card. I tried it on the second net interface and it locked it up as well. Routing it via the DSL router hub also locked them up. Lock them up means no incoming data is allowed. I have to disable the card drivers and re enable them again to get the interface to start working again.

It only happens with my cable connection, not DSL connection. It seems to screw up my cable ISP's router or something because after a few times of restarting my net interface the connection goes down and dont come back up until they get into the office. I cant trace it further because well I dont want to give them ideas it was me.

When routing both the DSL and CABLE via my dsl router hub, it locked up the net interface so basically no connection. But using the DSL alone seems to work fine.

This also does not seem to happen during certain times. Like day time, most of the time. So I think the cable ISP notices something and resets their router while at night the operators are sleeping under their desks.

I am using V1.4 right now since that does not seem to have this problem and I only noticed this with V1.5 and havent tested it with the numbers in between yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having just found my ISP is now throttling all p2p/torrent traffic (to 22 kb/s goddamnit!) utorrent is the only way I've been able to download large files :D. Cheers guys. Once my cash situation improves I'll try and donate a small something to help out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A small problem with moving DONE torrents data.

I was downloading 2 torrents but they both were using the same directory names. And when the first one finished, it moved all files to the DONE directory. Including the partial torrents and continued with the download to the original partial directory and not the new place the torrent-data was moved to. It made a new file and started filling it up but the completed % was wrong until you did a recheck which showed the file only had a small amount of new data. Since well, the original file was moved with the completed torrent-data to the DONE directory :>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Erm, searching the web, I found that there is a utorrent 151 beta 439, but it isn't a public beta i suppose. The link to the file at utorrent website is dead too now. But, some site has mirrored it. So try it if you dare. Seems legit (the size is 158KB) but, I dunno, if it isn't from the utorrent website, I don't fully trust it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...