Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludde

µTorrent 1.5 released

Recommended Posts

Great job done. I'm a new user and I'm a happy utorrent user NOW. thanks again and keep up the good hard work. it always pay at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm... Seems that uTorrent locks up if i press left and right mouse button at the same time..

I´m running Build 437.. Not sure if utorrent is acting like this in previous builds...

Edit: Minimize to tray and then maximize again sets uTorrent back to normal.. But still..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What exactly is the new 'feature' (turned on by default)

Allow µTorrent to send anonymous version number and random id when checking for new version

used for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wuggu: read the changelog

Thanks, did that.

The change log neither does specify what that data is used for, nor does it state the fact at all - except for the addition of transmission of build number.

Would you mind to elaborate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Feature: Setting to determine the number of µTorrent users.

Sends build number and random ID to the update server, so ludde can know how many µTorrent users there are. That's it. And we got the idea from Azureus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hmmm... Seems that uTorrent locks up if i press left and right mouse button at the same time..

I´m running Build 437.. Not sure if utorrent is acting like this in previous builds...

Edit: Minimize to tray and then maximize again sets uTorrent back to normal.. But still..

Maybe it is this bug?

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=6585

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

STAFFO & hin123: Thanks (I think? lol) to hin123, I was able to reproduce this. Don't just push the two buttons down together. Left click and hold on a main button, hold down the right button as well, then drag the mouse away from a button. µTorrent will then freeze. You may be able to continue clicking buttons normally, but they will depress and not come back up. You can give another program focus and then go back to µTorrent to fix it pretty easily.

-Ares

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

switch to bill gates and enjoy the best torrent client "utorrent" ever. :D

who needs a MAC. hell im using the OSX theme for my WinXP even.

the looks of MAC with the bill gates OS WinXP Sp2. perfect combo. + utorrent 1.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nothing was changed in UPnP, it just shows you the error now.

ok... UPnP doesn't work for me in uTorrent then! It worked ok for me in Azureus so presumably it can work on my machine. I'll have a dig around on the forum to see if there is a known fix in case it is my config somehow.

I found another potential bug too. If you turn on verbose logging in the log tab with the right click context menu check item, then try to turn it off, it doesn't turn off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you turn on verbose logging, it turns on normal logging. Turning off verbose logging leaves normal logging on. So, you have to turn off log peer traffic too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
if you turn on verbose logging, it turns on normal logging. Turning off verbose logging leaves normal logging on. So, you have to turn off log peer traffic too.

Thanks for the explanation.

Done some digging & testing on UPnP and I do have a dlink router... It works fine in Azureus though (just tested with uTorrent having failed on its own port and Azureus worked a treat), so perhaps their UPnP impl is more compatible with my router. I'll do a manual port forward so its not a huge deal but it suggests something isn't quite right.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

uTorrent UPnP for my dlink(DI-784) doesnt work as well. Yet Serv-U's UPnP feature works quite well. I'd like to see this feature work though. :)

BTW: uTorrent 1.5 is quite a thing to behold. Substantial upgrade from 1.4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firon, it's back. That dreaded "Access denied" bubble. What have i done to deserve this :(

I did a fresh install of XP Pro today, she's all patched up. Running Zone Alarm, and NOD32 and now I am going to cry :( werrrrrrrrrr!

I need helpski's :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I'll give you some infooo!!! PC:

AMD 2600+

768MB DDR

GeForceFX 5900XT - Latest drivers 81.98

ABIT NF7-S 2.0 - Latest NForce2's 5.10

80GB Seagate SATA

30GB Maxtor ATA133

SBLive 5.1

Don't know if that help's but you could pass that onto Lude.

--------------

Boo hoo :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Firon: Sweet! I used to use mstIsUsedBy to figure out what was locking files, but it wouldn't let me unlock them (of course, killing the process usually did the trick). Nice little util, thanks. =)

-Ares

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fixed. moved my download folder from F: HDD to Local Disk C: and all is okay. So i guess there's something goin on there. Thanks to Firon too for helping me on IRC :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Slippy

If you are using a router with portforwarding, you have to wait some time (depends on tracker) up to 3 minutes (as some users told) to come network-icon green (tested by me with netgear).

So if it works with azureus, it will also work with µTorrent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.