Setup Guide @ 15.88 MBit/s but only getting 500 kB/s

headph0nez

My speedtest (Ctrl+G) in the uTorrent program says I can get 15.88 MBit/s but i've only ever seen it get up to 500 kB/s... I have high-speed broadband service through Comcast (XFINITY), I pay a nice amount to get the fastest service I can, but i'm still lacking in actual torrent download speed as I posted above. I was just wondering if there's ANYTHING I can do within the program, or anything I can download to make my torrent downloads faster, possibly to reach my 15.88 MBit/s speed.

If it means anything, i'm running the newest uTorrent program version available, on Windows7 off of my wireless broadband connection. My older computer has the direct line from the router/modem but I barely use the internet on that one unless my wife brings her laptop with her somewhere.

PLEASE HELP!

-headph0nez-

Because of the very nature of BitTorrent, speeds are not guaranteed for any given torrent swarm. While you may get great speeds in one swarm, you might not in another. This is due to the fact that BitTorrent is a P2P protocol, so it depends on the upload speeds of the other peers you are connected to to generate your download speeds.

Make sure that your upload speed in the Setup Guide is properly configured according to your line.

My upload speed is actually "maxing out" I guess you could say, in the setup guide at just under 4 MBit/s....

I don't know if it's an internal setup from my ISP or the computer, i'm not very good at internet setup, I mostly just build and program PC's and laptops with basic software, and operating systems.

Archived