Copyright Infringement

ANNEP

I just started using utorrent and enjoyed the benefits of downloading movies and older TV series that I had missed viewing in previous years. Then I got a message from my Internet provider that they received a complaint that I was abusing copyright laws. I was not aware that I was breaking the law, and have no wish to do so. Can you provide guidelines as to what is legal to download and what is not. e.g. is there a time limit when something is considered okay and not okay to download? Thank you

Thank you, DreadWingKnight. I did check the "FAQ" and the "Search" sites. What I could not find were guidelines for what is and what is not okay to download. I am in Canada, and I understand that our Copyright law is not the same as the U.S. What I would like to know, for example, is if it's against Copyright laws to download movies if they are older than, say, a year, or if it's okay to dowload old TV series if they are older than one year. It seems that there are a lot of people dowloading, and are we all doing something illegal? Thank you for any guidance you can provide.

Archived