trackers aren't providing seeds they say they have

madrauk

Peer Exchange can catch "bad" ips from almost any source...it also probably exaggerates how many peers there are at the moment.

Right-click on the torrent in the top right window, click advanced, Clear Peer List.

This should remove some/most old/dead/bad/bogus ips.

Seeds have typically been connected with a torrent swarm for a while and may have reached connection max. So too might some of the peers. This means even if they exist...they may not connect to you.

it's weird, it seems that it slows down when it gets into night. this morning, though, my download speeds are just shifting. it jumps to 200+ then drops back down to 50 and meanders around. i've messed with my firewall and router if that's what you mean by connections, and neither one of them is a problem. overloading my lines might be a problem, it was in the past, but i've set my global number of connections to 350 to it won't be overloaded. i went through a guide to fine tuning utorrent settings, like minimizing upload speed, checking a few boxes in bittorrent and bandwidth, and switching a few values in the advanced section. i did everything in the guide found here: http://www.bootstrike.com/Articles/BitTorrentGuide/

Archived