Has anyone seen any µtorrent/1500 clients yet ?

ev0|

I'm still seeing massive amounts of clients running the old 1400 client (and some 1300 !?!!)

Not seeing much more using 1500 yet, which means the only encryption i'm getting is the shoddy one with the

occasional hash fails from the buggy Azureus 2400 implementation (I see a few 2401s from time to time, but the main Azureus release is still 2400 with the hash failures)

What about you guys ?

Please get the word out about µtorrent. Its so much better than all the other clients out there with the semi-exception of Azureus.

(Azureus, i know you're slow and a ram hog but you do have a unique plugin architecure and i like blue frogs, and you have encrypted connections with µtorrent so i'm willing to accept you.)

I've seen a few so far, but only on a torrent that was new today. On the big one that I've had going for a while, it's 1.4s and various bitcomets. I've seen a [FAKE] µTorrent/1500 today as well (Is that a client pretending to be µT 1.5, or µT 1.5 pretending to be something else?). It still seems like the 142b numbers are higher than the 1500 at the moment, but give it time.

In other news, I just saw my first BitVomit 0.63 peer today. It was actually giving me the most bandwidth out of other peers, about 22KB/s. And that's out of some encrypted µTorrent 1.5 and Azureus 2.4.0.0 peers as well. Maybe they're finally playing fair, eh?

-Ares

Archived