Transferred torrents to new Mac; disaster ensued

funkdoctarock

So I've been building up a large torrent collection for years. I just made the switch from a PC to Mac Pro. Supposedly my life is supposed to get infinitely better. The first program I try installing is uTorrent and unfortunately everything's been downhill ever since. I followed the "migrate torrent" instructions to re-up my 1,500+ torrents. Yet only around 10 ended up functioning. The others said: "Error: No such file or directory." I checked the download folder to ensure the (supposedly missing) folders were in fact there; they were. I tried restarting the computer. Now not a single torrent works. They all say "Error: Invalid download state, try resuming." I've tried changing the download directory, re-checking individual torrents, re-starting them, stopping them, anything and everything. Yet I still can't get a single torrent to load. I feel like there's an easy fix here that I'm neglecting. Anyone have any idea?

Many thanks in advance for any help/direction.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that guide is about migrating from PC to Mac.

I'm not sure there's going to be a good way to move partially downloaded files from PC to Mac. You can seed the fully downloaded torrents by putting the completed torrents in your download directory and then importing the torrents and checking.

Archived