Very easy speed problem, i guess...

cjuc_05

I guess this is a very easy problem for you guys, but I dont know know what to do with this.

I am using a broadband connection. As I open it, uTorrent runs smoothly, running my usual 30 kBps download rate. It shows the green check mark. But soon after, it suddenly turns into the yellow triangular warning sign, and speeds drop to 4 kBps, and files take a lifetime to download. I run tests on it, and shows "Results: Port is not open (you are still able to download)."

What should i do then? I cannot understand those FAQs on the net, please give me a step by step method to follow. I am running uTorrent 2.0.4. Thanks.

I have tried downloading slackware. It reaches up to 60 kB/s. Then I try to download my file, which reaches 30 kBps. After stopping slackware, my file maintains that speed, and slowly goes back to 5-6 kBps. My torrent is a private one, and has very few seeds, but I am just curious why it was able to reach 30 kBps. I am using a wireless broadband internet connection which says can reach speeds of up to 2 Mbps.

Test the wireless connection's speed both down AND up...preferably using speedtest.net

uTorrent's settings are based on your max sustainable upload speed.

With wireless, you probably need to use more conservative settings than even a cable or ADSL service at the same speed. 2nd link in my signature for that.

Archived