Connection timed out among other errors

skilldeadly

I have used torrents for years now with no problems. All of a sudden every torrent no matter where I get it from is displaying errors with the trackers. "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it", "Connection timed out", and "offline (timed out)". I checked my port to make sure it was open and showed the proper IP. I test the connection and it said the port is open and such.

Last night I left up two downloads, when I woke up one of them was done but it showed all the same errors. Now it is seeding and has almost a 1.0 ratio. I just don't get how I can't connect to any trackers but somehow a torrent downloads overnight and seeds to 1.0 with no trackers.

So please can someone help me figure out why this is happening??? I have Windows Vista, the newest uTorrent (2.0.4) and have only the Windows firewall on with uTorrent as an exception. Thank you very much for your help.

A tracker could work only "intermittently" and seeds and peers might still get ips of each other from it over the course of 24 hours.

A public torrent also has DHT, Local Peer Discovery, and Peer Exchange to keep it "knit together"...so it can lose ALL trackers and still have backup ways to connect peers and seeds.

Archived