Latest two versions of utorrent cause my router to lockup and restart.

begedinnikola

Since the last two updates (2.0.4.22150 and the one before that), every time i start uTorrent, a second or two later my modem restarts. Now, it's not that good of a modem/router (Thomson SpeedTouch ST780) and this kind of crap does happen sometimes even without uTorrent (good example would be steam multiplayer), but it never happened on uTorrent before.

It happens 100% of the time and it's always a second or two after i start it. In addition to that, as I'm typing this, the program just decided to exit, without any input from my side, or any errors, but that might be something isolated.

Most of the settings are default, my number of connections is 100, and it's set to only download one torrent at a time (since i have only a 1mbit connection). Now, my guess would be that it overloads the modem somehow and causes it to shut down. Since this didn't happen in previous versions, I'm guessing some settings have changed in the latest two versions. Any ideas what those might be? If it's not that, any ideas what it might be.

As i said, only uTorrent does this, i can use other clients with no issues, but i would prefer to use this one as it is in my opinion the best one i have used.

Yeah, i tried all of that, wasn't working (plus, it was set up OK to begin with). I tried also reducing the number of half open connections, disabling utp and anything else I could think off, but nothing.

In the end, I updated to the beta and it seems to be resolved now. Not 100% sure, but i started the the program several times, and it didn't lock up my router anymore.

Archived