Windows 7 and all torrent programs causing internet to drop

jz1984

OK I am not new to torrent sharing but also I am nowhere near an expert on it, so here is my problem and it has been posted many many MANY times but there is 100 different fixes and then on the threads people are posting SIMILAR but not the same problem and people are answering those as well (which is all good a nice of them) but eventually it all gets very very confusing on what I should do. The actual problem itself is I have used utorrent for about 3 years now and never had a problem at all until I updated to windows 7 home premium and now every time I start downloading a torrent (on any torrent program, bitcomit, bittorrent, limewire) after a few minutes or 20 minutes my internet connection drops out. The download speed for the torrent file gragually drops and the browser and any other internet related programs not longer get a connection. My wireless adapter shows I am still connected to the internet for a while then eventually the yellow tryangle comes up and says limited access. At anytime during that if I repair or disconnect and reconnect from the router it will work again but for a bit. I have downloaded from my other tower computer connected to the same router (which i have used two different routers with the same problem) and the tower works completely perfect and its running on XP. I have ran a ethernet line to my laptop from router and that works perfectly but I do not want a 30foot long cord running in my apartment. I know this has been posted many times and I have tried so many different things that SO MANY different moderators and administrators post I couldnt even tell you what I have tried so its ALL very confusing, so I am sorry for reposting.

If you need any information please ask me and I will be MORE THAN HAPPY to post it on here.

Thank you

It's probably to do with the wireless/windows 7 drivers. First check for updated drivers for your wireless card, Second keep in mind that wireless is nowhere close to sufficient to handle high bandwidth torrenting. At best you'll get somewhere around 3-4 MB/s if you have incredible hardware. Most wireless equipment is cheap and will get nowhere close to that.

How fast are your torrents going btw?

I thought the same thing, all of the drivers are up to date as far as I am being shown and have searched on. I am a 10mbs connection on my cable service, with the ethernet plugged in I normally can do anywhere from 1 - 1.5 mbs downloading and wireless it is between 500kbs and 1meg which is all good for me I dont need super high speeds at all. This was when I had xp and eveything was working fine, the speeds are still the same just after a little bit the speeds drop quickly to 0 then a few moments later i get the limited access until i disconnect and reconnect.

Archived