'Invalid torrent file' comes up for everything I try to download??

matticus78

Okay,

So uTorrent worked just fine yesterday, but now everything I try to download gives me an error message saying

Unable to load

"blank___blank__etc....."

Invalid torrent file!

Ummm.... what the hell?!?

I tried uninstalling uTorrent and then reinstalling it, to no avail. Help me, please. I'm only barely computer-saavy enough to be using this keyboard, let alone deciphering the cause behind vague error messages.

Thank you!!

I have the same issue - any torrent I try to download from any site, even things like Open Office come up as "invalid torrent". I've cleared the cache for ie and firefox, deleted all the temp files on my hard drive, uninstalled BiT-Torrent and installed u-Torrent as a replacement. I haven't changed anything on this computer recently yet it was downloading torrents perfectly fine a couple of weeks ago. I even tried saving the torrents to my hard-drive and then opening them from u-torrent with my browser closed and yet I get the same error.

Ah apologies, I think I worked out the problem, or at least where the problem lies - access to pretty much any torrent site is blocked from where I am, so I always bypassed that block with a VPN/proxy, but now any torrent I try to download over that VPN shows as invalid. When I switched off the VPN and downloaded the Open Office torrent it worked fine, so it's an issue with my VPN - not sure why it used to work fine and suddenly doesnt but at least I have something to go on now!

Archived