BitTorrent 7.1 Interface is bad. How do I go back to previous version?

djrapid77

Regarding v7.1...

I don't understand what's so complicated about telling clients there will be changes to their GUI BEFORE installing software.

The new toolbars and interface look like they were designed by Fisher-Price. Seriously, it looks like complete crap. So much for your customized toolbar - it doesn't seem won't work on this release.

Based on what I've seen, they have removed 2 icons on the toolbar - making any previous skins you may have useless. According to the new help file, the skinning instructions are the same as previous releases, so they obviously didn't do a good job documenting this release. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but taking the time to port the older HTML help system in a Windows-based help file is POINTLESS if the information in the help file is incorrect.

You'll also find all your column widths have been lost, presumably because they tossed some of the available columns. No mention of that anywhere either.

Hopefully, re-skinning will simply be a matter of removing the "Search" and "RSS" icons on adjusting the width of the toolbar accordingly. I haven't tried this yet but hopefully someone will soon. Maybe when I have more patience I'll try and post the results.

Needless to say, I'm not very impressed.

Unfortunately there are other people who are in the same situation. I am glad however to hear I am not the only one who doesn't like it and who is having trouble changing. Where did you get 7.0 version? Not that I have really looked around. Synapse, I think you hit the nail on the head. I just didn't want to be straight forward like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived