Double Click to Resize 'Name' Column Resizes the Column Too Small

BryanFRitt

Double Click to Resize 'Name' Column Resizes the Column Too Small

If the columns are double clicked to resize the 'Name' column the column gets resized too small.

It looks like column gets resized to the name length without the extension length.

for example,

'ThisName.ext' gets resized to the length of 'ThisName' instead of the length of 'ThisName.ext'

(note the missing .ext)

It would be neat if it allso added the title as an item when determining the length to resize the column to.

for example,

the 'First piece' column if the maxium length of items in this column is 3 then the name would get shortend to 'F...' it would be nice if it only resized to be able to display 'First piece'. Some might not like it this way so maybe you could make it this way every other double click, and the other double click do it the old way.

Ctrl + on the numbed Shrinks all columns like double clicking between all the column headers.

Both methods still shrink the columns too much.

I'm still getting 'Name Part' and '...' inkstand of the 'Full Name'

Looking at it some more...

There are TWO 'Name' Columns and

It looks like it's only the 'Name' column under the 'Files' tab at the bottom half thats messed up and too short, while the 'Name' at the top half is ok... at least with the torrents I've got going now.

and Ctrl +, etc... on works for what is displayed not the whole list... It should work for the whole list...Maybe the first time just what is displayed the second time the whole list, and then switch back an forth as long as its the same column being messed with.

I'm using Windows XP, Ctrl + only sizes it to what items are visible to the user, not the whole list. If an item is not viewable without scrolling, then that item doesn't count towards the resize. If an item that is bigger than all those displayed and you press ctrl +, or double click between column headers, when you go to scroll down to the item you'll get a ... at the end and it won't be fully shown.

I have XP and it only adjusts the width based on the width of items that are visible. It does all columns, but I have to scroll to the item with the longest width. If I then use the short cut to adjust all columns, and one item doesn't have its' widest item visible (may not be even possible with the widest item in the first column) it won't get resized to it's widest item, just what's visible.

Is it possible there's some option somewhere on one of are computers that got changed, so ours don't work the same, but I don't know what that would be/how to change it.

RE:

Nope, XP takes everything in the list into account... at least on my end, and I'm pretty sure most other people's computers do the same O.o

p.s.

I'm/this isn't the only one

(maybe this will help, spell checked)

http://odetocode.com/code/59.aspx

... and a completely different approach

By JohnBourne on 1/26/2004

To totally go another way, I played some with pragmatically creating a "double-click" event on the column header separators. Worked (to a point). Unfortunately, you cannot (even pragmatically) double click the separator between columns that are outside the viewable area of the data-grid (in other words you need to scroll). Meanwhile...

http://odetocode.com/code/59.aspx

I did a quick web search and found a site that had a similar topic, so maybe some ideas could get generated.

I didn't say they solved it and we should use their solution by copying their code.

Feel free to do a more detailed search if you want to.

RE:

Those code snippets are in .NOT, which µTorrent isn't programmed in, so I doubt it would help much.

Archived