How to seed after splitting files within a torrent

Citizen256

I'm new here and have used uTorrent for almost 3 months now. I've downloaded using a torrent that refers to several large files. Because of the overall size for the complete download, I've opted to select from 1 to 3 files to download at a time. I have moved the completed files to an external drive and deleted the same in the original download folder. I appreciate the whole experience and wish to ensure that this apparently dying off torrent stays alive by seeding it. I know I've been sharing while downloading, but I wish to seed it for a few weeks. My question is: How can I seed back the individual files that came from a torrent with references to more files than what I've obtained? I wouldn't wish to start with a new torrent, but support the existing one they came from. Do I need to wait until I have all the files downloaded from the torrent before I can put them all back into one folder?

Thank you.

Even if you moved the files, you didn't need to delete the torrent job. µT can set a new download location or relocate a file within a multifiles torrent.

If the torrent job is still present in µT, stop it, right click, Advanced > Set Download Location.

Select the folder on your external HDD then force a recheck.

You can do that for specific files in the Files tab, right click, Relocate.

I have a similar question. My torrent files, those both downloading and seeding, were taking up too much space on my hard drive. I moved all of the seeding files to an external drive. I changed the file locations for storage and downloads in the Bittorrent directory to that external drive, but Bittorrent won't recognize the files that it was seeding before and I can't seem to figure out how to get them back into the Bittorrent seeding queue.

Archived