I am confused..

lecie

I have been using utorrent for awhile and it used to when you intoduced the new automated speed guide show that my bandwidth and network ports were setup correctly... NOW the last few day when I've done the speed guide setup I've had issues... by default it lists me in USA, IL,Chicago which is where I am and in the past it'd run and the green indicator would run until I got a green check mark.. NOW nothing happens for a minute and I get a red x and it says, connection failed error: timed out (10060) but then when it goes down to network to check if the port if forwarded everything is fine.. it says the port is forwarded fine.... and if I scroll down to USA, GA,Atlanta choice right under it.. the bandwidth test works fine!!! No red x.. nothing I actually get a green arrow.. its confusing me :(

AHHH I never had this issue... nothing has changed on my computer or settings in my router nothing..

It used to just work fine now I don't know what going on!

Help??

I will warn... I don't understand this much about all this I just know I used to have 2 green check marks and it used to work right and download faster :(

-lecie

Yeah when I am downloading something the little green check usually shows up that says things are working properly.. only when I run the setup guide? I don't get it... I only asked because things seem to be taking longer to download than I remember..

lecie, uTorrent's speed test servers are OFTEN down/offline/worse...causing "strange" error messages as a result.

Try speedtest.net instead for speed testing.

If you're on ComCast, keep in mind that ComCast's crazy burst speeds that show up as test results are *NOT* sustainable amounts you can set uTorrent by. :(

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=82624

Archived