Maximum number of active torrents ignored

OZZIE

Hey I have a quite good connection 100/1000 Mbit and so I've set up utorrent accordingly. My problem however is with the setting "Maximum number of active torrents".

I only use a private tracker and they've set a limit to maximum active 50 torrents per user. My setting is 15 but torrents never stop unless they hit the upload ratio I've set. Is this really how it's supposed to be? What the heck does this setting mean then? As it is now I have to manually stop torrents all the time to not download or seed more than 50 torrents..

How many of your torrents are actually active (read: actually transferring data)?

I'm not sure but the tracker claim I have more than 50 when I've set it to 15, so it's either an issue with the tracker, my settings or utorrent.

probably have advanced settings telling uTorrent to not count slow torrents as "active"...so it can start more if other torrents are at slow speeds.

I use the default settings for my connection except I've turned off UPnP, Nat, DHT, Local clients. I've also lowered connect_speed to 4 max_halfopen to 10, because my router was acting up. But what setting could make this happen?

Archived