Autorun utserver and run by server...

simkied

Sorry the subject probably doesn't make as much sense, I didn't know how to word it to be honest, I'm definitely a linux *noob* :(

Anyhow, I have utserver installed on my CentOS and it works fine when I run it via. SSH (this is a remote host, not local machine). I just go ./utserver and it boots up, then when I access the webUI it's all nice and dandy. However, the moment I close my SSH client the script turns off/stops and the WebUI doesn't work anymore etc.

So I have two questions... first, how do I run the utserver from the server itself, so that when I disconnect my SSH client the utserver will continue running. And #2, how do I have the utserver set up so that if I ever reboot the server utserver will automatically start again?

Please advise. Other than that, script working awesome. Thanks!

Anyhow, I have utserver installed on my CentOS and it works fine when I run it via. SSH (this is a remote host, not local machine). I just go ./utserver and it boots up, then when I access the webUI it's all nice and dandy. However, the moment I close my SSH client the script turns off/stops and the WebUI doesn't work anymore etc.

So I have two questions... first, how do I run the utserver from the server itself, so that when I disconnect my SSH client the utserver will continue running.

$ man nohup

Archived