Jump to content

Upgraded, all completed torrents now 99% and renamed?


BottleTop

Recommended Posts

Last night I upgraded from 1.8.5 (Build 17091) to 2.0.4(Build 22150)

Just to be safe I made a copy of:

Completed files that I was seeding

Incomplete files that I was still downloading

I also copied the .torrent files.

When I had completed the upgrade I added each .torrent file but notice the completed files are now at 99% and downloading. The .torrent file has been copied and has a ".1" appended to it.

I done a search before posting:

If I force a re-check the file does not go back to 99% (as I saw in other posts)

Ive changed core affinity and disk cache as per

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=47715

but no change.

Win XP SP3

Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66GHz

Corsair 4GB Ram

ASUS P5QL-E iP43 Motherboard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So it's normal. Edge pieces between downloaded files and skipped files are discarded. So that's why the forced recheck doesn't reach 100%. If you start the torrent job, µT will redownload these edge pieces.

Anyway upgrading should not imply that, it's transparent and doesn't affect the torrents. Next time, make a backup copy of the folder %appdata%\utorrent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While researching and searching the forums I did come across posts regarding ~uTorrentPartFile and thought it might be a similar situation I was experiencing but your response confirms it, thank you.

I did make a copy of %appdata%\utorrent but I wanted to go back to original preferences and was worried if I kept this folder I wouldn't get a fresh install.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...