Is there a way to fully disable uTorrent Bandwidth Configuration?

swakkenhammer

What I have done so far is, and have had the help of Switeck and moogly for most of (well all, and Thank You both) this, while uTorrent was shut down, I went into the %appdata%\uTorrent file, deleted the .settings and .settings.old files. I then opened uTorrent and made my own settings (using Switeck's guide), unchecked Bandwidth on the Setup Guide, unchecked the Enable Bandwidth Management [uTP] under Preferences->BitTorrent section, then set my bandwidth at 640 kb/s, rounded down from 710 kb/s -> 750 kb/s that I averaged on speed tests. I then clicked Save and Close.

For about 1 and 1/2 seconds, I was happily stunned to find when I started to download a torrent, it went up to about 460 kB/s then came back to reality when my speed started to drop and went down to the usual 280 kB/s. When I checked the Setup Guide, I found the checkmark back in the Bandwidth box and the upload speed I had selected had been changed. Well, I am about to give up unless anyone has any further suggestions.

I have checked the FAQ and Searched for this and could not find anything.

P.S. If you live in Canada, Happy Thanksgiving!

Yes, as long as I leave Enable Bandwidth Management [uTP] unchecked in Preferences->BitTorrent section. However, the Speed Guide will appear to change my upload speed and settings but when I manually check them under Preferences, they are still set where I set them. I also have to admit that your earlier suggestion to remove Norton Internet Security did make a difference. I had upgraded to the 2011 version and found it was double the size of 2010. So I tried removing it and it did increse speed by about 30kB/s. The problem as well is that I have a cheap a*s computer with only 1.6 GHz processor.

Archived