Peer Exhange not working.

Kisaragi

I don't exactly know why but sometimes my torrents connects and sees all kinds of Seeds/Peers but don't connect to most of them, and when I check the trackers, I see that it only tries to connect to the ones from the tracker and none from the Peer Exchange (I do have it enabled). Is there anyway to actually make it connect to those from the Peer Exchange?

I don't exactly know why but sometimes my torrents connects and sees all kinds of Seeds/Peers but don't connect to most of them

That's how uT works. Nothing wrong about this.

when I check the trackers, I see that it only tries to connect to the ones from the tracker and none from the Peer Exchange (I do have it enabled). Is there anyway to actually make it connect to those from the Peer Exchange?

uT connects to any client it can. You don't seem to understand how it works but to me it sounds like it is working well.

Firewalled peers/seeds may not be reachable.

Some peers/seeds may even have already reached their max allowed connections either globally or on those torrents, and block you from connecting to them.

There *IS* a minor bug with Peer Exchange reporting more peers than can possibly exist, even assuming the peers are now seeds! But this is more to do with some OTHER BitTorrent client reporting bad info, not a definite flaw in uTorrent itself.

Archived