.torrent files won't download with uTorrent open

Todek

I don't know if it is something with my college's internet or what but whenever I try and download a .torrent file it will not download unless uTorrent is fully closed and exited. The wait time for the torrent to load afterward ranges from 30~2 minutes or something like so. I'm positive it isn't the connection speed since I could download a .txt version of the torrent fine. So I am curious if there is actually any problems,

and then sometimes, uTorrent does not fully exit itself out of processes even with the end process function of task manager. I'm not entirely sure if this was fixed itself or not when I updated to the latest beta build( 22538).

I am also getting a connection closed by peers and is unsure of why this is occuring.

And to add on, the firewall isn't really configured since it's over college internet.

I don't know if it is something with my college's internet or what but whenever I try and download a .torrent file it will not download unless uTorrent is fully closed and exited. The wait time for the torrent to load afterward ranges from 30~2 minutes or something like so. I'm positive it isn't the connection speed since I could download a .txt version of the torrent fine. So I am curious if there is actually any problems,

It can be the case if your college has installed a proxy, maybe they filter some files.

Do you meet the same issue with a .torrent from Fedora (http://torrent.fedoraproject.org) or OOo (http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p)? (make a try)

and then sometimes, uTorrent does not fully exit itself out of processes even with the end process function of task manager. I'm not entirely sure if this was fixed itself or not when I updated to the latest beta build( 22538).

What's your OS? Win 7?

Because if that's the case, there is a kernel bug about IPv6 support, and you need to wait for the MS patch (Win 7 SP1).

I am also getting a connection closed by peers and is unsure of why this is occuring.

And to add on, the firewall isn't really configured since it's over college internet.

What's the tracker list you're using? (post it here)

Do you have the green network icon in the status bar of µT?

It can be the case if your college has installed a proxy, maybe they filter some files.

Do you meet the same issue with a .torrent from Fedora (http://torrent.fedoraproject.org) or OOo (http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p)? (make a try)

Yeah, they both don't work with uTorrent open, but with it closed it will then work.

What's your OS? Win 7?

Because if that's the case, there is a kernel bug about IPv6 support, and you need to wait for the MS patch (Win 7 SP1).

Yeah it's Win 7.

What's the tracker list you're using? (post it here)

Do you have the green network icon in the status bar of µT?

If you mean the Nat firewall icon, it's a green with check mark.

I'm currently using jpopsuki and nyaatorrent mostly that is.

Yeah, they both don't work with uTorrent open, but with it closed it will then work.

Weird.

Is your web browser that fails to download the .torrent from the web and call utorrent.exe to open the .torrent or is your client µT that fails to open the downloaded .torrent file?

And does µT take time to open a .torrent stored on your computer?

Yeah it's Win 7.

Nothing we can do, just wait for the SP1 for Win 7. Or follow the step A.3 in this guide: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=74820

If you mean the Nat firewall icon, it's a green with check mark.

I'm currently using jpopsuki and nyaatorrent mostly that is.

Can you download a previous torrent I gave in my last post and report if the error message appears.

Weird.

Is your web browser that fails to download the .torrent from the web and call utorrent.exe to open the .torrent or is your client µT that fails to open the downloaded .torrent file?

Err, I think I phrased myself wrong.

It's my web browser that fails to download the .torrent file WHILE uTorrent is open.

Tried it with both Opera and Mozilla Firefox.

And does µT take time to open a .torrent stored on your computer?

uTorrent can open files stored in my computer fine and instantly.

Can you download a previous torrent I gave in my last post and report if the error message appears.

There's no NAT error if that's what you're looking for.

Tested it with OOo3.2.1 torrent.

On a side note, 35//90 are only broken.

17kbs max up speed

3/6 active downloads/torrent

75 global connections and 20 max connection per torrent

with a connection like

989767633.png

and yeah, i'm probably skimping out of UL rate and etc due to the fact it's a massively shared connection.

Or is it just normal to have some connections to peers closed?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived