Utorrent giving me same files!!!

ANKURSLAYER

Hey friends i have been getting some serious problems.Yesterday i downloaded a movie and it worked fine..the next day when i put another one on download ...the file which has been downloaded shows the exact same file which i had downloaded yesterday even though the torrent is diffrent and i burned the movie to dvd.I also tried downloading it to a diff partition on my HD and then it shows another movie which i previously had in that parition which i had burned long time back.

The main problem is i am getting movies which i deleted long time back on my HD and i am not able to download the one which i have the torrent for...Plz help..i have been using utorrent for yrs and this problem recently kicked in from yesterday..i even tried reinstalling utorrent but it dosen't seem to make a diffrence.I also tried a diff torrent and the same thing has happened.

Deleting a file doesn't mean the bits of the file are erased, you delete only the pointer referencing the storage location in the HD.

That's why you see "ghost" files because some media players are able to read this location even if the pointer to the file has been previously deleted.

Archived