problem too many ip addresses wanting to connect in utorrent 1.5

typikalpnoy

i don't know what settings could be used to change this, but i was using utorrent 1.4 and it worked just fine. when i upgraded to 1.5, there have been many times when a alert from my zonealarm firewall pops up that a different ip address than mine wants to set connections (or something like that) to utorrent. for some reason it also drops the speed of my open torrents to zero unless i allow the new connections to connect. i have a wrt54g wireless router, but i haven't had problems with it yet with utorrent so i don't think that's the problem. i have upnp and dht diasbled as well in utorrent. just wondering if anyone knows what could be causing this problem, because i would rather not allow the connections to be made but i don't want to drop the speed of my torrents because of this. i tried checking the forum but couldn't find a problem like mine.

-andrew

thanks for the quick response, and i think i'm getting closer to what the problem is. i have my port forwarded for utorrent, and i rechecked zone alarm to make sure that utorrent had proper access, but i still have a yellow network indicator. the network color indicator switches from yellow to green and back to yellow often. i'm not getting incoming connections, but i'm not sure how the incoming connections were stopped in the first place. i haven't blocked anything through zonealarm related to utorrent, so i'm not sure why my utorrent isn't receiving any incoming connections. and i've already disabled windows firewall to prevent any conflicts with the zonealarm. any other ideas about what i'm doing wrong, cause i'm confused why my network isn't working as it should.

-andrew

thanks ultima for the info. and thanks to the mods for helping out. i followed ultima's guide, but i still have the yellow-green-yellow network status thing going on. i think i'll try the wrt54g firmware change, altough i didn't have any problems in 1.4 with the router. but i do think that i was able to get the connection warnings from zonealarm to stop.

-andrew

i did get the network status to turn green, maybe it's only when i have an active torrent that it stays at a constant green? because i noticed that without any torrents the status was at yellow when i started utorrent. but it is staying constant now so thanks thanks to dreadwingknight, ultima, and firon.

-andrew

Archived