µTorrent 2.2 released

Firon

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no default password. :P And it's not intended to be secure.

Well somehow it locked me out, I totally forgot that feature had been implimented, and sure enough hit the boss key and I couldn't get back in. Tried no pass, tried all my usual pass', nothing. The astrix were 6 characters, although that generally means nothing.

There must be some sort of password that goes in that slot on first install, otherwise it wouldn't have asked me.

Oh, how I loved when it fucked up my layout in torrent list section after the update. :mad:

Agreed! Pretty sure they could easily change the way the layout info is stored to avoid this, but no..

Ewww! Its pretty damn FUGLY -.-

Swapping to old theme ASAP.....oh' date=' and yes, I made this account just so I could say this. :P[/quote']

+2, please don't start bloating this excellent soft.

ShadowRunner, Theme != Bloat.

Wow, that's a surprisingly really bad icon theme. Wow.

The whole gray blocks and black pluses and solid leafy green icons are pretty juvenile in appearance. The app icon looks alright in a large size, but the 16x16 size feel sloppy somehow. Very glad to have the super easy Skins app for easy changing.

Yes, I also signed up just to post this.

Hey guys, tell me please what Source mean? Is it editable, or planned to be? As I see now, no...

New version looks quite nice, the most sad in general view that Torrents and Labels are not divided with horizontal line as it was in 2.0.4. It's very inconvenient. Can you guys get it back, please? Or make as option? :)

+2, please don't start bloating this excellent soft.

...Did he say it was?

I agree with him, this release looks bloated. At the first look I took at this version, I wasn't even sure it was still µTorrent. I even considered that I might've gotten some faked version installed, what with the undoubtedly poor icons and search and apps bloat. Wasn't 'keeping it micro' the aim?

Actually, looking at the App Studio it even looks like µTorrent sold out or something like that -- seriously now, WTF is all that crap even doing there?

Yes, please don't ruin this great program.

+2' date=' please don't start bloating this excellent soft.[/quote']

...Did he say it was?

I agree with him, this release looks bloated. At the first look I took at this version, I wasn't even sure it was still µTorrent. I even considered that I might've gotten some faked version installed, what with the undoubtedly poor icons and search and apps bloat. Wasn't 'keeping it micro' the aim?

Actually, looking at the App Studio it even looks like µTorrent sold out or something like that -- seriously now, WTF is all that crap even doing there?

Yes, please don't ruin this great program.

Exactly my thoughts.

At this point I wished they made a fork and released a "light" version without all the new crap.

Each time I update I now wonder what new UI "enhancement" (=crap they can make money with/Apps Studio) is gonna be forced on me. Not fun. (always losing columns customization, size and order, is getting old too.)

I reinstalled 23071 for now and am considering not updating anymore.

Yes it's free and I know I'm not gonna make friends saying this but seriously WTF happened to my uto, indeed.

I just registered to say thank you for your hard work, but after serious consideration I decided to go back to excellent

2.0.4 version.

2.2 freaked me out with its great new theme, froze my computer for 30 seconds, messed up my layout, started lagging when internet surfing, seeding and force re-checking files. It's really user-friendly)

Of course my computer is rather old, so I guess 2.0.4 is the right version for me.

Archived