µTorrent 2.2 released

Firon

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it does, it changes the program icons back to the old square ones. Taskbar have to do by changing the icon on your shortcut in the Start Menu, so you could extract the old icon from the .btskin by renaming it to .zip and then point it there. I've had mine as FOOODs icon for ages and don't ever really intend to change - if FOOOD would agree I've always thought it would make an excellent default as well..

No, it's just the way Windows works. The btskin file affects the program but the Windows shortcut you need to change yourself.

I should also mention that the filetype icon (maindoc.ico) remains unaffected by the btskin as well, so if you prefer a different filetype icon than the new default, hunt one down on the Skins page and save it as maindoc.ico in your %AppData%\uTorrent folder.

I suppose if uTorrent could make the shortcut in the first place it would make sense for it to change it when the program skin is changed. Devs should consider this behavior, as well as the maindoc exclusion.

Definitely seeing the sawtooth upload now in 22732. My limit is 100kB/s and it's bouncing between 80 and 145. Probably present in the last RC too, I just wasn't maxing out my upload limit at the time.

AdamK: Thanks! Hopefully a desktop.ico and maindoc.ico can be included in future .btskin files, and could be automatically extracted out for use in the Start Menu shortcut and Windows file associations. :)

Considering the priorities you yourselves set(the whole "lives, breathes and dies based on its ability to upload" bit I read somewhere), I do not believe "upload choker" and "RC" go well together.

So yea, issue is still present for me. Hope it's gone by the time of the stable release. Some of the new features are nice, but all fluff and no game won't appeal to a whole lot of people.

Builds pushed out through the auto-update server are placed there manually. Not every build gets put on auto-update, and even those that are put there are generally given buffer time and a staggered rollout on the off-chance that there's something horribly wrong with the build.

One of the newest "feature" in the current RC it seems that whenever I change Preferences, do Network tests (the Green Checkmark) or change the speeds (right-click the boxes next to Checkmark), uTorrent RC2 22732 seems to FREEZE, then Logger shows several Hang Diagnostics. Is anyone else having similar experience?? :(

For me upload chocker is not fixed as well... i mean i hardly get over 1 ratio on private trackers since 2.2 in a half of day of seeding (lucky i was way over 2.2 before so i have lots of headroom and i dont give up over 2.2 version) and im talking about popular ~350MB shows and not something noone would be interested in. Considering having 50/50 fiber and no limits on upload/download ration with huge numbers of avilable connections (~2000 max ~150/torrent and 15 upload slots avilable/torrent) nothing goes anywhere... currently 9 shows (only active torrents, some 350MB other 180MB) since 6:30 in the morning (so this is about 9 hours), all have ration between 0.5 and 0.8... currently i am connected to about 16 peers, however im only uploading to 3 totaling to ~30kb/s... almost like i would be in ISDN days... it seems like it just doesnt want to serve enough peers... only way i was seeing big upload speeds since 2.2 was if i could serve those 2-3 peers fast, but it just gives a feeling like noone wants to take data from you... you see peers (even 100+) and you only ending up uploading to 2 or 3 and if those 3 have poor connection it wont go anywhere...

Archived