µTorrent 2.2 released

Firon

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When uTorrent is hidden (boss key) and you open a .torrent file, it doesn't load the file in uTorrent. It does nothing, actually. In all the previous versions, the .torrent was loaded. As I use boss key everytime, I am not confortable to always unhide uTorrent when I add .torrent files.

Is that a bug or it was intended from 2.2 onwards? :(

What about announcing µTorrent 2.2.23774? how is it that you continue to release new official stable builds and still don't officially announce them in this thread? don't you understand that until you do many sites want except it to there clients list?:mad:

Thanks in advance.

What about announcing µTorrent 2.2.23774? how is it that you continue to release new official stable builds and still don't officially announce them in this thread? don't you understand that until you do many sites want except it to there clients list?:mad:

Thanks in advance.

Silent update. :lol:

You need to lower the connection count if your router is having problems.

Updated the latest build and looking into the log window i see this:

[2010-12-15 23:40:38] Sent WM_SETTINGCHANGE return = 1

I wonder what's this change about ? Thanks !

Is that at startup?

don't you understand that until you do many sites want except it to there clients list?

Then take it up with the sites, not us.

Why should i take it up with the sites? they are right not to allow unannounced versions after all if utorrent don't trust enaf in there new builds so that they announce them why would any one eles does???

and ex58 there is no such thing as silent update because once a version is being updated i can almost

immediatly see it in all sort of softwares sites publishing it.

So there shouldn't be something like silent update at all but either you publice and announce the software

or you don't publice it at all.

I guess you aimed at aviramof... But if I may suggest to both you and DWK, stop advising other admins on what to do, and how to do it. Just do your job and keep the records (=changelogs) strait. You know very well that it's not the first time un-c.logged builds are out in the wild for days and weeks... because "installer changes do not count" ... :P

But if I may suggest to both you and DWK, stop advising other admins on what to do, and how to do it. Just do your job and keep the records (=changelogs) strait.

I agree with Firon, and to me it's an issue of principle. Whitelisting by build number basically means that the admins feel that their tracker is an exclusive club that client developers must jump through hoops so that their clients can "get in".

BitTorrent has a defined protocol and an RFC. Any well-designed client with a half-competent development team should work essentially the same way, anyway.

Archived