µTorrent 2.2 released

Firon

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've had utorrent crash maybe 4 or 5 times now, it happens every time I click a download button inside an `App`. Sucessful in reproducing it in several pages within the Ted app and the new Sick of Sarah app as well. I hit upload on all of the crash notification boxes.

Useful details: 2.2 Build 23703

Don't you think that you are making a fool of your self in front of the entire torrents community by releasing and announcing promo builds,i mean do you really think that any private tracker would add it to it's allowed list if the only changes are promo changes???

For the time being i'm going back to the previous version and in the future i would never download another promo build because my private tracker sites don't like it very much.

You do need to understand that when you release a new version any software site also announce it and people download it for no reason and with possible problems because of it.

So please in the future please don't release any new stable versions without actuall real changes :mad:

Don't you think that you are making a fool of your self in front of the entire torrents community by releasing and announcing promo builds,i mean do you really think that any private tracker would add it to it's allowed list if the only changes are promo changes???

For the time being i'm going back to the previous version and in the future i would never download another promo build because my private tracker sites don't like it very much.

You do need to understand that when you release a new version any software site also announce it and people download it for no reason and with possible problems because of it.

So please in the future please don't release any new stable versions without actuall real changes :mad:

You might also consider recognizing that bittorrent inc is trying to make a living, and that people who use private bittorrent trackers are a slim minority of those who use microtorrent. You should also note that the version number hasn't changed for the 2.2 branch, only the build number.

You should also note that the version number hasn't changed for the 2.2 branch, only the build number.

What you don't know is that private tracker add version to there allowed list not by branch number but by build number meaning that right now i already have at least one tracker who don't allow build 24683 because it's just a promo build and there are no real changes in it.

So if utorrent releases a stable promo release and people who use private trackers download it there private tracker want accept it because it's just a promo build so they might skip it till the next official stable announce build with real changes.

Archived