µTorrent 2.2 released

Firon

Can someone please also revert back to the old 2.0x behaviour for pointing the new location with multi-files' torrent ?

No. This behavior is much saner and easier to use.

I'm downloading TV episodes that are rar'd.

Before' date=' when i changed the download location to a 'seeding' folder I automatically got a neat list of folders, with in those folders the rar's. Every folder would be 1 episode.

Since RC3 I get 1 large pile of rars in the same folder.

If I want this the old way i manually have to create the foldernames each time i move i torrent from within uTorrent, which is alot more work.

Is there no way to revert this? I'm downgrading to RC2 for the moment, but I would really love this to be reverted, or at least to have it as a setting.

When uTorrent downloads things, the torrent name is appended as a path, so why not when it is moved?

-Edit:

What I do now is: Select torrent>F2(select name)>Ctrl-C>Deselect>Right mouse click>Advanced>Set download location>Create New>Ctrl-V>Enter>click Ok.

Alot more clicks if you ask me...[/quote']

I thought it was a bug and posted this in the Troubleshooting forum:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=87960

Hi all, I recently switched from µTorrent v1.8.5 to v2.2.22982.

I am making good use of the 'Set download location' feature, but am encountering a problem.

Consider the following 3 directories:

Downloading

Verify

Seeding

'Downloading' is my default 'Put new downloads in' directory.

'Verify' is my default 'Move completed downloads to'.

'Seeding' is the directory of downloads which have finished, and which have been checked out (verified) by me.

Now consider this scenario:

1. Download torrent (e.g., MovieX).

2. µTorrent pops up a requester, and I choose 'E:\Downloads\Downloading\MovieX' and set the label to 'Movies'.

3. µTorrent then puts the files in 'E:\Downloads\Downloading\Movies\MovieX'.

4. The torrent finishes, and µTorrent moves the files to directory 'E:\Downloads\Verify\Movies\MovieX'.

5. After verifying the files, I want to move them to the 'Seeding' directory. So, I choose 'E:\Downloads\Seeding'. But, now µTorrent moves all the files into the root of the Seeding directory instead of putting them in the 'E:\Downloads\Seeding\Movies\MovieX' sub-directory.

So, now I have to go to Windows Explorer, and manually create the 'E:\Downloads\Seeding\Movies\MovieX' directory, and then choose 'Set download location' in µTorrent.

How do I make µTorrent move the files to the correct directory automatically?

I didn't know it used to work correctly. They are really messing up lately. What is going on?!?

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres really a problem with the utorrent icon showing in the taskbar...it shows/hides on its own will...

this problem has to be urgently addressed...

To fix the tray icon' date=' you have to set the Boss Key. Then, activate Boss mode once, and then deactivate Boss mode again. Apparently, after doing that once it should be permanently fixed. Someone suggested this to me, and it has worked for me for the last 3 days (knock on wood).[/quote']

I also have this problem and the boss key fix didn't help unfortunately...

Basically, on windows startup there is no icon (uT is set to start on startup). If I disable/enable "always show tray icon" it appears and shows up on subsequent uT restarts, but if I restart windows the icon is gone again.

Windows 7x64

bt.tcp_rate_control seems to be doing a bad job. Seeding/downloading seems to be going to 0 often, 2.0.4 was better at that, disabling "bandwidth management" does nothing but bt.tcp_rate_control is like instant speed throttle, I used to have this problem with some of the early 1.9/2.0 utorrent beta versions but was fine in 2.0.4

35% ? Nah.. you still remember the per-2.03 bad days... and you should NOT be comparing that to anything. I guess Seyss meant - compared to 2.04 ... :) I think that in this mix mode (TCP+uTP) it's pretty similar in both.

rafi: This build is just for diagnosis. We'll have a real fix soon.

Ah... I'm releaved... Just make sure you have a real fix for the issue of set-download directory too ... :)

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=540034#p540034

My internet plans according to ISP is Download - 320 Kbps & Upload - 256 Kbps.

My ISP has limited my speeds to:

uploads : 256Kbps

downloads: 384Kbps

Screenshot of my ADSL modem showing it:

modpic.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My normal HTTP / FTP downloads never go above 41 Kbps.

But utorrent graph displays my download speeds very high between 55-70 KBPS which is very strange becoz it should not go above 48KBPS.

upic.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also the download speeds are always fluctuating like a wave which can be solved by limiting the speeds to a certain level but why should i limit the speed.

This problem is not specific to this version, it also used to show in ver 2.0.

Also these unusual speeds are displayed only when "Bandwidth management" i.e. Utp is on.

IS this a problem with utorrent speed graph?? or is the problem specific to me???

PLs Explain

Hi,

I just want to provide some feedback on the new client (v2.2.0.23071) to the developers, in case they're interested.

(By the way, I just spent the time to read every word of every post in this thread to make sure I wasn't just saying the same old thing.)

I downloaded the client and installed it over v2.0.4 (latest build) a few hours ago. Once it was up and running, it was consuming over 70% of the CPU, and my total CPU utilization was running between 95-100% until I shut down the client.

I reinstalled a previous version (v2.0.4.21586), and my total CPU utilization is back down under 10%, with occasional brief, moderate spikes of 10-15% CPU by uTorrent.

I'm running Windows XP (32bit) SP3.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (2.2GHz) CPU.

2GB DRAM.

I have 4400 torrents.

(By the way, I noticed in another post in this thread that another user had a very similar system configuration (XP, AMD CPU), and was also having significant performance problems.)

CPU utilization was monitored using SysInternals Process Explorer (procexp.exe). I'm sure you're familiar with it, but in case you're not, it's now owned by Microsoft and it's free.

I didn't compare memory utilization differences between old and new versions of the client because my system was too annoyingly slow with the new client running.

If you have any questions, you can email me.

Please, I'm not looking for advice from well-meaning users who want to tell me to delete torrents or change the way I'm doing things. I have my reasons for working the way I'm working now, or I'd change how I do things. I'd like to use the latest client, but if it's going to be a problem, I'm fine with the 2.0 client.

I'm posting this to give feedback to the development team (if they want it) regarding a specific real world performance comparison between the current and previous versions of the client.

Thanks to the uTorrent team for the efforts that you've all put into this very nice, FREE piece of software that I've used very happily for a long time.

edit: I'm having the following overhead:
What's wrong with that overhead?

You're downloading at 500-600 KB/sec and that causes ~16 KB/sec upload overhead in ACK packets. That's about 3-4% overhead on the upload side from downloading. It used to be as high as 35%.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong :) I just want to know the overhead nowdays and see if mine is ok!

Are any of you with the disappearing tray icon starting uT with /minimized?

I think I fixed it.

I didn't have /minimized, but I was shutting down windows while uT is running and minimized to tray, so next time it starts it would start minimized.

I tried exiting uT manually (while not minimized to tray) and then shutting down windows and now it seems to start properly every time regardless of how I exited last time.

And no, I don't think the problem was with uT not closing properly on shutdown. All other settings were getting stored just fine.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong :) I just want to know the overhead nowdays and see if mine is ok!
Seems pretty normal. It'll probably be quite hard to get overheads much lower. Maybe by reducing connections and turning off a few features...but reducing too far runs the risk that uTorrent may not download as fast all the time.

Archived