WebUI not working anymore

zaid786

Hello there, I started using webui a few months ago and it worked fine with my external ip address in the address bar with me accessing webui from my home pc in which utorrent is installed. Ive managed to use this at my friends house aswell and all seems to be working fine.

But recently I havn't accessed webui from home and I wanted to use it on my laptop (which is on the same LAN) but it doesn't seem to work. I can't access webui from any computer or laptop on my LAN at all now. I tried the usual updating utorrent (using 2.0.4 build 22450) and I also tried updating the webui.zip file in my utorrent folder to the latest version (v0.380) and obviously webui is enabled in utorrent aswell. I also tried using localhost, 127.0.0.1, and even my lan ip address from both pc and laptop instead of my external ip address but I either get a blank screen or it says failed to load page.

I've tried Lord Alderaan's everything about webui troubleshooting page but just can't seem to get it to work! The port is fully forwarded in my router settings because im behind a hardware firewall with netgear's dg834gt. I know I must have done something right for it to be working in the first place just can't figure out why its not working anymore. Any suggestions? :)

UPDATE: I used my mobile phone's internet connection on my laptop to see if it would work from there, and it works fine using my external ip address. So the issue is clearly to do with accessing webui from a pc/laptop on my LAN. When I use my external ip address it says "the connection was reset", when I use the LAN ip it says loading for a few minutes then it says "connection timed out" or "unable to connect". This is very frustrating because I know I've set everything up perfectly and it used to work a few months ago. Now all of a sudden this?

Many routers block loopback connections, which explains why you can't use your WAN IP from within the LAN. As for why you can't connect from one machine to the other, the only real explanation I can see is that the router is screwing around and not allowing the machines to connect to one another within the network, or you have some other firewall in between the machines.

I just can't seem to understand why it would work in the first place (even with a external IP from a LAN PC) and now it doesn't. I'm just trying to think of anything thats changed since I installed webui a few months ago. I could try uninstalling Kaspersky Security 2011 from my pc that has the utorrent webui installed. That could be the problem?

Archived