uTorrent Server under Fedora 14

Lkos

I would also like to thank the group for the linux version of my favourite Windows torrent client/server.

I am currently playing around with Fedora 14 on my Acer netbook as I have found to run faster then me default Windows OS.

I can get the the utserver installed and running, but it doesnt seem to like my configuration file, nor does it seem to keep the same preferences setting between loads of the server.

Below is my current configuration file.

dir_active: /home/lkos/Downloads/torrents

dir_completed: /home/lkos/Downloads

dir_autoload: /home/lkos/Downloads

dir_torrent_files: /home/lkos/torrents

upnp: true

dht: true

pex: true

max_ul_rate: 512

seed_ratio: 100

Bjut when I run utserver I need to manually add the torrents and then it creates the files/directories under its own directory. I have also tried subing '~' for the /home/lkos/ portion with no luck. It has been MANY years since I worked under a unix/linux OS, so please and help would be greatful. As I would rather not keep loading the Windows client via Wine to transfer Torrents.

L'KOS

I can get the the utserver installed and running, but it doesnt seem to like my configuration file, nor does it seem to keep the same preferences setting between loads of the server.

Below is my current configuration file.

dir_active: /home/lkos/Downloads/torrents

dir_completed: /home/lkos/Downloads

dir_autoload: /home/lkos/Downloads

dir_torrent_files: /home/lkos/torrents

upnp: true

dht: true

pex: true

max_ul_rate: 512

seed_ratio: 100

Bjut when I run utserver I need to manually add the torrents and then it creates the files/directories under its own directory.

Is the configuration file in the current working directory? If not, you can use the latest release to specify the location of the configuration file using a command-line argument.

What does the directory tab in the web UI show are the values for these directories - does the tab show any of your directory settings?

I have also tried subing '~' for the /home/lkos/ portion with no luck.

That's a substitution performed by the shell, so I don't expect that to work in the program.

Is the configuration file in the current working directory? If not, you can use the latest release to specify the location of the configuration file using a command-line argument.

It is located in the same directory as the utserver application. I have not tried the command-line because of this. BUT I will give it a try just to be on the safe side, and will let you know the out come.

What does the directory tab in the web UI show are the values for these directories - does the tab show any of your directory settings?

They are blank when I check them.

Edit: Okay I found out my problem. I was attemping to load the utserver as myself and did not have the proper permissions. As soon as I ran it as SuperUser it loaded the config file wihtout issues.

Like I said it has been a while since I worked under the unix/linux OS.

Lkos.

Archived