UPDATED B23418: [Unable to add Labels - 3.0 build 22708]

Superman710e

Hi All,

Thanks for the new release! Many things are improved! :D

One bug I've noticed is that I cannot right click and add a label. I can get the dialog, or use the ones I've added as permanent ones, but the label never gets applied.

I cleared my browser's cache etc, and tried a few different browsers. Also tried the server running on a few different machines, but always the same bug.

Thanks,

Jason

Actually this is proving to be a show-stopper. I have all my RSS filters setup with "labels" as well, and when they finish downloading, it tries to do a "move" (although it's set to download directly to the final destination) and then ends up failing but deleting all the data it downloaded.

For now I have reverted to the previous build 21886. Hopefully this will be resolved soon!

Thanks,

Jason

• 1 month later...
Actually this is proving to be a show-stopper. I have all my RSS filters setup with "labels" as well, and when they finish downloading, it tries to do a "move" (although it's set to download directly to the final destination) and then ends up failing but deleting all the data it downloaded.

For now I have reverted to the previous build 21886. Hopefully this will be resolved soon!

Thanks,

Jason

A quick update for build 23418, labels appear to be fixed for manually added torrents. Right-click and add label now works in the WebUI. The label is properly appended on the move after completion.

However for files added via the RSS filter, the behavior seems to indicate that although the file is directly downloaded to it's final destination, a move and append label operation is attempted, resulting in a failure with the "Error: ??" message, and the file is "deleted" leaving only the name and the space occupied as a "placeholder." I tested it by adding 2 new filters of shows I don't normally download. With one I specified the label, and the other I left the label blank. The results are pictured here.

utorrentlinuxserver3023.png

The file with the label resulted in an error. The file without was "labelled" automatically with the alias of the feed it came from, but completed successfully! Update: Correction, it downloaded successfully, but then moved the file to the completed directory and appended this "automatic" label. It looks like utorrent-server no longer differentiates between a manual download and an RSS filter download, and always tries to move the files and append labels (if that option is checked...)

I thought I could, as a work-around for now, remove the labels from all my RSS filters. Not fun for 40+ filters! :P However, I'm wondering if this will work at all. Perhaps instead of removing the labels, I should remove the "save-in" directory for now.

NOTE: Removing the "save-in" directory fails, looks like it's a required definition. However, setting the "save-in" to a non-final destination works when used along with a label which moves the file to the final destination which in my case is the "completed" directory with symbolic links.

Thanks,

Jason

Archived