Bug with new alpha version build 22708

paolomarino

I have the same problems.

"Error ??" is shown with all old torrents not only new.

I haven't seen this and I don't know how to reproduce this.

All of you who are seeing this: please provide me details about how you see this and other details about your installation (software, hardware). I don't know what is relevant since I haven't seen the problem, so you'll probably need to provide a lot of information. You can post it or PM it depending on your needs.

i have installed utserver on a nas x86 by qnap with a custum distro based on debian

the previus version works like a charm

the new alpha start but when i had a torrent file it show the error that u can se on the attached image on my previus message

it happens on both by nas and only with the actual alpha

i tried to remove and delete and made a fresh install of utserver but no success

the actual alpha give me this error

if i put overwrite the utserver with the old alpha it works

my directory structure:

/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/utorrent

dht.dat

resume.dat

rss.dat

settings.dat

utserver

utserver.conf

utserver.pid

utserver.log

uts-script.sh

webui.zip

my startup script:

#!/bin/sh

CHDIR=/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/utorrent

NAME=utserver

OPTIONS="-logfile"

DAEMON=$CHDIR/$NAME

STOP_TIMEOUT=5

case "$1" in

start)

/sbin/log_tool -a "Starting uTorrent" -t 0 -u uTorrent -p 192.168.1.100 -m NAS

/sbin/lcd_tool -1 uTorrent_Starting -2 Torrent_Program

echo "Starting $NAME..."

start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --make-pidfile --pidfile $CHDIR/utserver.pid --chdir $CHDIR --background --exec $DAEMON -- $OPTIONS

/sbin/log_tool -a "End Starting uTorrent" -t 0 -u uTorrent -p 192.168.1.100 -m NAS

/sbin/lcd_tool -1 uTorrent_End_Starting -2 Torrent_Program

echo "Done."

;;

stop)

/sbin/log_tool -a "Stopping uTorrent" -t 0 -u uTorrent -p 192.168.1.100 -m NAS

/sbin/lcd_tool -1 uTorrent_Stopping -2 Torrent_Program

echo "Stopping $NAME..."

start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --exec $DAEMON --retry $STOP_TIMEOUT --oknodo

/sbin/log_tool -a "End Stopping uTorrent" -t 0 -u uTorrent -p 192.168.1.100 -m NAS

/sbin/lcd_tool -1 uTorrent_End_Stopping -2 Torrent_Program

echo "Done."

;;

restart)

/sbin/log_tool -a "Re Starting uTorrent" -t 0 -u uTorrent -p 192.168.1.100 -m NAS

/sbin/lcd_tool -1 uTorrent_Re_Starting -2 Torrent_Program

echo "Restarting $NAME..."

start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet --exec $DAEMON --retry $STOP_TIMEOUT --oknodo

start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --make-pidfile --pidfile $CHDIR/utserver.pid --chdir $CHDIR --background --exec $DAEMON -- $OPTIONS

/sbin/log_tool -a "End Re Starting uTorrent" -t 0 -u uTorrent -p 192.168.1.100 -m NAS

/sbin/lcd_tool -1 uTorrent_End_Re_Starting -2 Torrent_Program

echo "Done."

;;

*)

echo "Usage: cd $CHDIR than ./$NAME {start|stop|restart}"

exit 2

;;

esac

exit 0

if u need something else or i can do some try for u tell me.

thanks for the help

Same here. :(

Running Debian 64 bit with 32 bit chroot of Lenny. Everything worked well with the previous version, but after the update my torrents had that Error ?? state. I threw away the dat files, kept my settings.conf and the log file location. My download/temp/autoload directories are symbolic links to somewhere else. The autoload works, but the new torrent gets the Error state as well. No errors in the log file and in the gui neither. Can I get some logging somewhere else?

I'm going back to the old version...

No errors in the log file and in the gui neither. Can I get some logging somewhere else?

Did you set the logmask setting in utserver.conf? Try a value of 0xFFFFFFFF to see all the log messages.

i have taken a full log.

can u give us an email to send the log to ?

the error is still here with 22708 and 22789

the only working version is 21886

i have taken a full log.

can u give us an email to send the log to ?

Can you PM the log to me?

the error is still here with 22708 and 22789

the only working version is 21886

21886 was built on an older branch from which products were released that have been stable in production. The others are released on a newer branch that has the advantage of containing a number of bug fixes that aren't in the older branch, but has the risk of presenting new bugs.

i have sent to you my log with a PM

hope helps

if you need something else tell me

I didn't see anything in the log that would help me understand why you see an Error: ?? message. I did notice a number of "No such torrent" messages - these may be a result of the error, since these messages can occur either when your client is asked by another peer about a torrent which isn't being handled by your client or which isn't started in your client.

There will be another release, possibly available for download today. Please try that one, since locale issues may be the cause of some of this.

• 3 weeks later...

hi.

i have tried last utorrent with full logging.

i try to add 2 torrent.

same problem: error:??

i try to recheck several times the torrents and after a while they start

but i have try to stop and restart and same error: error:??

i try again with recheck and nothig.

with old version it's all fine.

i send u my log with email

hope helps to fix it

thaks :)

i send u my log with email

hope helps to fix it

I received the log. I don't see anything to indicate the reason for the failure. There were two messages indicating the success of adding the two torrents. I think the product needs to generate log messages when it determines there is an error condition for a torrent.

when i add the torrents they adds correctly but when i start them the error appears.

if i click recheck and during the recheck process i spam-click on the start button randomly the torrent starts correctly.

but if i stop it and try to restart it the error is still there and now even with the recheck and spam-start strategy it dont start anymore and the error is still there.

it happens on both my nas and with all utorrent release.

only with the realy first alpha all works fine and the torrent always start correctly.

can i do some more tests ?

tell me.

thanks.

can i do some more tests ?

More tests would be more effective if the software generated a descriptive log message whenever a torrent is determined to be in an error state. Then, we could see what problem was detected. I've got that item recorded in our issues list.

Archived